Skip to content

Confused About Attacks per Round

jaldenjalden Member Posts: 44
Under the TOB ruleset, do multiclassed fighters and pure fighters both end up getting 2.5 attacks per round?

I think this is the case but searching around I've also seen the claim that a dual classed fighters ends up with more attacks per round than a multiclassed fighter. It looks like being specialized doesn't give you any more attacks than gaining Grand Mastery. Is this table correct and do single class fighters get an additional attack through some other means? Thanks!

Proficiency..................to hit bonus................... damage bonus................bonus attack
Proficient............................0.................................... 0..........................................0
Specialized......................+1...................................+2........................................1/2
Mastery...........................+2...................................+2........................................1/2
High Mastery...................+2...................................+3........................................1/2
Grand Mastery.................+2...................................+4........................................1/2

Comments

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Yes, both end up with 2.5 although grandmastery using the BG2 engine is bugged and does not give its .5 of an attack.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    That's such a slow progression after specialized, especially after mastery, it's practically not worth it.
  • DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77

Yes, both end up with 2.5 although grandmastery using the BG2 engine is bugged and does not give its .5 of an attack.

Is there any talk about this getting fixed in the EE versions? Given it's a pretty glaring flaw.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Assuming they apply True Grandmastery so that it will actually work the way it was meant to in BG1, then you'll actually gain 3/2 an attack.

In any case, High Mastery and Grand Mastery least increase speed factor.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    That's such a slow progression after specialized, especially after mastery, it's practically not worth it.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    @delvon

I don't know as the issue is split between most people.