Skip to content

best way to copy over same installs of SCS and UB from my win7 desktop to win8 laptop?

I want to have the same settings so my saves transfer without issue, but I'm not sure if I recall every var I chose for each.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Copy the contents of your override folder and dialog.tlk file from the modded pc and paste them into new pc's clean bg2:ee installation. Paste the modded dialog.tlk into appropriate folder ofcourse (IIRC lang/en_us) you will overwrite the original dialog.tlk so copy it to a safe place beforehand.

If this method fails just clear your override folder and return the original dialog.tlk back to its place and you will have your unmodded bg game back.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    You don't anticipate any problems going from win7 to win 8?
    lunar said:

Copy the contents of your override folder and dialog.tlk file from the modded pc and paste them into new pc's clean bg2:ee installation. Paste the modded dialog.tlk into appropriate folder ofcourse (IIRC lang/en_us) you will overwrite the original dialog.tlk so copy it to a safe place beforehand.

If this method fails just clear your override folder and return the original dialog.tlk back to its place and you will have your unmodded bg game back.