Skip to content

BG:EE hates Polish letters

zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
I'm having problem with Polish version of my mod on BG:EE and BG2:EE. Apparently both of them crash when a Polish letter would appear on the screen. I thought that it would be ok because BG2:EE doesn't have Polish language right now, so I guess it doesn't have Polish fonts installed yet. But the same thing happens with BG:EE when I'm using Polish language. Is it a bug? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? My kit with original BG2 works perfectly.
I'm attaching 2 versions of my mod, one with Polish letters in it (ż ź ć ń ą ę ó ł ś), and one without them (which works fine).

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You need to encode your text in UTF-8, or the game will crash, yes.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I've already tried it but weidu won't install the mod with UTF-8
    WeiDU v 23500 Log

D:\Gry\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\Setup-Lost Druid Kit.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 843538 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 185 BIFFs, 59859 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 11563324 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 102868 string entries

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Polish]
    Using Language [Polish]
    [Polish] has 1 top-level TRA files

[Lost Druid Kit/Tra/Polish/Setup-Lost Druid.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
    Near Text: ď
    invalid character [ď]

[Lost Druid Kit/Tra/Polish/Setup-Lost Druid.tra] ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
    Near Text: ď
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [Lost Druid Kit/Tra/Polish/Setup-Lost Druid.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LOST DRUID KIT/SETUP-LOST DRUID KIT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Microsoft and certain others are asshats and insert a byte-order mark (BOM) in a format that was pretty much explicitly designed to not have a BOM. WeiDU will not accept BOMs. If you are using Notepad (Y U DO THIS? etc.) to save your file as UTF-8, you will need to use something else. I hear good things about Notepad++ (confusing name notwithstanding).
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    Thanks! Now everything works!
    You're helping me again : )