Skip to content

Pathfinding Issues

Issue: Player characters have a much harder time pathfinding around each other in the enhanced edition. Specifically, they don't seem to recognize and/or take advantage of their ability to move through allied units, and also have a very difficult time moving around even small pieces of terrain. The issue appears to be exasperated in combat.

Expected behaviour: Characters should be able to follow simple commands that direct them around small terrain features without much difficulty, as in the original BG2. Player characters should take advantage of their ability to push aside stationary allied units in moving to an objective.

Repro steps: Uncertain. I am commonly experiencing issues in places with somewhat narrow corridors such as Chateau Irenicus lvl 1, Wild Forest, Athkatla Slum Sewers, Slaver Ship. I have increased my pathfinding nodes count to 80, 000 with no noticeable effect on the issues.

Comments

• ZubaczZubacz Member Posts: 5
    I've noticed this after the recent patch. Enemies and summoned creatures get stuck in place during combat as well. I don't think this happened prior to 1.2.
  • Cartman2020Cartman2020 Member Posts: 19
    My characters tend to get stuck in doors for some reason. Not a real problem, but kinda annoying. Also, after opening a locked containter with the thief, if I want to take the things with other character, I have to move the thief away manually. From what I remember I didn't have to do that in original BG2, the thief just stepped away himself.