Skip to content

let's talk Rasaad

Question(s) for you guys

When you picked up Rasaad, how much experience did he have in comparison to your party?

I just got him and he only had around 400k experience when the average exp of my party was around 2.5 million. I really don't understand the NPC scaling at all, it seems the game really hints at having permanent members and not swapping as much as BG1 does.

Anyway, I consoled Rasaad up to level 17, 2 million exp. Do you guys think that is fair or should he be less than that since they scale so well?

Thanks for any input. Didn't want to miss out on him because he was left in the lurch

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think that's fair enough. Looking in NI he seems to have a version at level 10 and another at level 13, but I have a mod installed that might screw it up a bit. For a start it say the level 13 version has 2.5Mil XP, which cannot possibly be right =/
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    The level 13 version with 2.5 million is the one that you can summon in ToB. Like any ToB version of an NPC you can level him up once you get that version. You can't get that one in SoA. There are only 2 SoA Rasaad's, the level 8 one or the level 10 one. The former has 161,000 xp and the latter has 450,000 XP.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    NPCs seem to have their joining XP based on the party's, but with a hitch that it's based on how balanced it would be with a party. For example I picked up Edwin for a bit and when the majority of my party had 600k+ XP, Edwin was a tad short of 300k XP, but when I used console to equate him with our party, he gained two levels and a massive amount of spells.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Logged as bug #7164 - we should be able to implement at least 1 or 2 higher Rasaad versions in SoA, given that most other NPCs have them.
    elminsterQuartzDragonspear
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    maybe I consoled him up too far =/

NPCs seem to have their joining XP based on the party's, but with a hitch that it's based on how balanced it would be with a party. For example I picked up Edwin for a bit and when the majority of my party had 600k+ XP, Edwin was a tad short of 300k XP, but when I used console to equate him with our party, he gained two levels and a massive amount of spells.

What was your main characters level/s?
    Miloch said:

Logged as bug #7164 - we should be able to implement at least 1 or 2 higher Rasaad versions in SoA, given that most other NPCs have them.

Neera is the same way.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yikes, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    elminster said:

Well not remembering specifically but main character was around level 9/10, Cavalier.
    edited November 2013

elminster said:

Well not remembering specifically but main character was around level 9/10, Cavalier.
    Well in Edwin's case its going to be based on your main characters level not your parties level or your characters total experience. So to be a level 10 Paladin is 600,000 XP. But the actual Edwin you'd pick up would be level 9 with 211,000 XP. If you set his XP to 600,000 he'd then gain 2 levels.
    I think it's fair to expect that anyone you recruit, at any stage in the game, should be reasonably able to keep up with the rest of your gang. So this is no problem, really, just a slight oversight that we can amend quite easily. (There is a component of Level 1 NPCs that allows all recruited NPCs to match your experience, but it is not yet compatible with BG2EE, certainly not the new NPCs anyway, as the current maintainer has been otherwise busy [whistles as well as a half-orc can]).
    Quartz
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    @miloch So would you say it's fair/maybe in the works that Rasaad and others join your party at the same experience level as CHARNAME?

He seems overpowered right now lol. I guess he's making up for his dead weight in BG1.
    @EnterHaerDalis - maybe not exactly the same, but within a few levels, I'd say, yes (unless you've become ridiculously overpowered in SoA, in which case, I'd say move on to ToB :D ).

Why does Rasaad seem overpowered? Just curious, though monks do tend to mature later (weak early on, powerful later, grasshopper).