Skip to content

Graphic Glitches after patch 1.2.2030

After updating the game, I started having some graphical glitches. Does anybody else has same issues?

http://imageshack.com/a/img823/451/6a92.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img89/6424/bahw.png

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Did you have any mods installed?
  • ZubaczZubacz Member Posts: 5
    It's a problem with the pirated version of the update. Should really buy the game, although with this amount of bugs, I suppose a lot of smart people will end up getting it late next year. Definitely BG:EE 1 was only worth paying for after patch 1.2.
  • battowbattow Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    Nope. Just reinstalled the game, but the issue still persists.
    Where did you get the game (Beamdog or Steam) and what are your system specs?
  • battowbattow Member Posts: 15
    Beamdog

Athlon II X2 240
    Asus M3A78-EM
    4GB RAM DDR2 400Mhz
    AMD Radeon HD 5700

Windows 7 64 bits
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Zubacz said:

It's a problem with the pirated version of the update. Should really buy the game, although with this amount of bugs, I suppose a lot of smart people will end up getting it late next year. Definitely BG:EE 1 was only worth paying for after patch 1.2.

I'd downvote this if I could. I agree that people who play the game should buy the game, but everything after that is rubbish.
    @battow I can't seem to reproduce your issue. Would you be able to check if there are any files in the /override/ folder for me?
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Emptiness said:

Zubacz said:

I'd downvote this if I could. I agree that people who play the game should buy the game, but everything after that is rubbish.
    Is it rubbish or fact, I would lean towards the later . From viewing the amount of bugs listed in this section shortly after release, I would tend to agree that it is smart to put off buying the game until at least the major issues have been resolved. I have not purchased the game because I wanted to see bad it would be at release, which is pretty bad. Unlike some who have not an inkling of patience, I will hold on to my money and maybe purchase the game at a more reasonable price later down the road after they have fixed the majority of these bugs.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Lurking in the bugs section of a game's forum is a great way to "encounter" bugs, but probably not a great way to make a decision about buying a game. Naturally, there are going to be lots of people reporting bugs in the bugs section, and some of them are going to be vocally bitter or even angry. The people who aren't encountering bugs generally don't post that fact, so all you are hearing is the negatives. The result would be sort of like going to a hospital emergency room to see if a city is safe. You don't get a perspective on the actual crime rate, all you get is some of the dangers of the city gathered up in one room without context.

The final official versions of BG1 and BG2 each had unfixed bugs that remained. Players learned to avoid or work around them. There may be someone out there who never bought the games because he or she was waiting for bug-free versions; if so, well, that person missed out on two amazing games.

It is hard to guess accurately how quickly the bugs in BG2:EE will be squashed. I can say that I was impressed with how quickly the team put out a first patch, but that is no guarantee of the promptness or efficacy of future patches. Maybe there will be serious bugs that aren't fixed until late next year - but implying that as fact and suggesting that people should base their purchasing decisions upon it is a bit much.

Of course, everyone is free to apply whatever criteria they like when making their purchasing decisions. I only responded because Zubacz and you expressed viewpoints regarding the purchasing decisions of others, and I felt that an alternate viewpoint deserved to be expressed.

There's nothing wrong with putting off the purchase of a game because you feel that it isn't ready yet (because too many bugs remain, for example) or because of financial reasons. I can say that I purchased the game, I've been playing it since it was released, I've encountered a number of bugs, and I don't regret buying or playing the game. To anyone considering whether to purchase the game, I'd say make your own decision but please don't base it on implications that impatient people buy the game and smart people don't.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    also valid is the viewpoint of intentionally grabbing it early on to be part of the bug squashing process =D I've owned BG1 and 2 for over a decade and these games have dominated my life for potentially an unhealthy portion of that. I want to make it easier for newcomers to enjoy this spectacular series, so I scum for issues and do what I can to help others through theirs.

** I suppose in the emergency room analogy this is the equivalent of going out and trying to get yourself hit by cars ^.^
  • DragonPriestDragonPriest Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2014
    Same issue here. I bought this game few days ago.