Skip to content

Make tactics mod work, wanna use generic archer

bron2794bron2794 Member Posts: 13
Can anyone figure out how to get the tactics mod to work on bg2ee so I can install the generic archer kit? I had a swashbuckler/generic archer in the first game and he was kick ass. Sadly when I port him to bg2ee he's just a boring vanilla FT. You cant make a ranger/thief in the game so this was as close as it got. Would it be possible to just make a fighter kit called "urban ranger" (or something like that) that has the ranger abilities like hide, charm animal and is based on the archer kit. That way you could make a ranger then dual him to a thief or any other class for RP purposes. I'm not to clued up with making kits and I know allot of this stuff is hardcoded so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
    As far as I know nobody is working on making tactics compatible right now because Weimer is not active anymore and the mod is quite complicated.
    I think you simply have to wait and hope.
  • bron2794bron2794 Member Posts: 13
    I got the kit installed of tactics but its grey for some reason and I cant select it. Any ideas how to get around this guys?
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Kilmantor said:

As far as I know nobody is working on making tactics compatible right now because Weimer is not active anymore and the mod is quite complicated.
    I think you simply have to wait and hope.

Why did Weimer bail the modding scene? His mods were some of the best; it's a real shame he hasn't done anything new in years :(
  • bron2794bron2794 Member Posts: 13
    Is there anyway to get just the kit part of the mod working? I can see it on character creation but I cant use it its greyed out. Tried looking at making a kit myself but sadly im not much of a computer wis, it was like reading mandarin (as in no clue what was going on). Tried to edit the archer kit with infinity but yea all hard coded. You make changes but they never work, its a real bitch. You just cant bypass the multiclass limitations (thief/ranger a no go). Ah well maybe ill just rerun nwn
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Why did Weimer bail the modding scene? His mods were some of the best; it's a real shame he hasn't done anything new in years :(

IIRC, his career has sort of taken off during the last decade, and he is rather busy with it as a result.