Skip to content

Jaheira romance bug

Alright, here's a bug with the last lovetalk before Terminsel appears for the final time - in vanilla it triggers when you go to sleep and after sleep it automatically continues. In BGII:EE to trigger that continuation after sleep you have to rest again.
Also, while we are at it - why Jaheira's time counter between lovetalks is so long? Even doing all the new NPCs side quests I still wasn't able to finish it without speeding things up with CLUA console. It's as if fixpack for this romance was not implemented in BGII:EE.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    The Fixpack never changed the time between talks, which has always been an hour. Apart from that, all the Fixpack changes were implemented.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Oh, right you implemented only Gibberlings fixpack. I was talking about original fixpack from Baldurdash (http://www.baldurdash.org/fixes.html) by Manveru. In that fixpack her time counter between talks was halved from 3600 seconds to 1800. A very well thought of number because you can actually finish her romance if you spend the time doing all the side quests in the game. It's easy to tweak, but if you devs are not gonna then I'll just use that fixpack - it works with EE, btw.
    @Aramintai Actually, it doesn't; if you install it you'll most likely encounter a bunch of issues. Baldurdash is a hugely outdated mod, and with all of the BGII:EE changes, probably likely to break some things.

The BGII Fixpack actually already incorporated the vast majority of Baldurdash's fixes; changing the romance timers is not a fix, it's a tweak, so it was left out.
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler
    I'm not using Buldurdash as a whole, just Updated Improved Jaheira Romance/Harper Plot which only has 3 files for the override folder. So I assume you're not gonna *tweak* the timer then? At least look into the first bug I mentioned in the original post, it's especially weird if you rest at the inn. I even did a clean install to recheck the issue - it's still there.
    @Aramintai We're not changing the timer, no. We'll look into the resting issue for sure. :)
    @LiamEsler
    Ok, thanks for the heads up.
  • F4nt4F4nt4 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys,

would be glad if anyone could help. maybe this problem is similar or known to some of you. I ve had the last talk and Terminsel appeared, but he isnt able to initiate dialogue. He approaches the party but keeps saying "This and that to be done. No time to stay and chatter." Anyone knows how to fix that?