Skip to content

Black screen when waylaid by enemies

I fast traveled from The Friendly Arm to the area below it and was waylaid by enemies. However, the entire screen was black. I tried moving the camera around & nothing happened. The map showed that the screen was centered on my party, but in game there was nothing.
I've updated to 1.2, vanilla game. I don't know how to get map area ids, if someone could tell me how I can post the exact waylaid area.

Comments

• ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    From what you've told, it MAY be the case when the Autopause from "enemy sighted" pauses the game before the screen is shown. If it happens again, try unpausing to see if the game proceeds.

This is a known and reported bug which, imo, should be fixed asap. It's very annoying to give enemies few seconds of pauselag because of this.
  • KyzarinKyzarin Member Posts: 21
    I've had this in BG2EE when moving between Athkatla areas. I think it's linked to the auto-pause feature. The simple workaround is to unpause the game for a second and then pause again (hit the spacebar twice).
  • RangerRogue39RangerRogue39 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks guys, I'll try this if it happens again. I tried searching & couldn't find any other posts about it. Definitely needs to be fixed soon though.