Skip to content

Aerie stuck in a dialogue loop.

Keeps hassling me every second in gameplay. I do not want to kill her. Is there a fix?

Comments

• jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    any details? is it romance chat or general 'poor me' chat?
  • electrobanelectroban Member Posts: 57
    She kicked off when we hit the entrance of the elven city place.

doesn't stop ever. there is no conversation options, its just the intiation, then repeat.
    Tried killing her, tried booting her. Then i re-add her to my party and she's still at it.
    Like for seriously, this is an enhanced edition?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Clearly not enhanced enough!

Can you upload the savegame from before this? I'll take a look.
    What do you mean the saved game from before this? I've only got two saves - my quick save and my auto save
    both of which are with aerie bugging out
    Ah. Would you mind uploading either of those?

And this issue started on entering Suldanessellar -- right after the entrance cutscene?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I think I had the same issue with aerie in which she would constantly halt her actions as if she was going speak but then just said one of her generic phrases and stopped it made her unusable
    LiamEsler said:

And this issue started on entering Suldanessellar -- right after the entrance cutscene?

How does one do that

I'll give this a day for a cheap fix, otherwise I'm just going to progress.

If I was salty enough I'd get a refund off steam then just pirate the game. But alas. All good will is burnt. Clearly as you said, not enhanced enough. This bug also gives me big sense of deja vu like something that was already known about in the vanilla.

Should of probably enhanced the game by fixing bugs instead of re-texturing bucklers.
    LiamEsler said:

I think she may of kicked off when I Resurrected her. I can't remember, definitley after Bodhi vampire resurrection. I think she died to some spider randomly. So there's no fix?
    So i just got rid of aerie and picked up viconia, she's doing the exact same fucking thing....
    Wait what, some of the NPCs that have been in my party, are really underlevelled too...

Annomen is Cleric: 17 fighter : 9

Jaheria who im now trying is.... Fighter lvl 8 Druid lvl 10...

Is that normal???? She was in my party before and i ditched her. wtf is going on with this game
    I just picked up Haer D'alis or whatever, and he's a lvl 10 blade.... the rest of my party is lvl 16... is this normal?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Wait what, some of the NPCs that have been in my party, are really underlevelled too...

Annomen is Cleric: 17 fighter : 9

Jaheria who im now trying is.... Fighter lvl 8 Druid lvl 10...

Is that normal???? She was in my party before and i ditched her. wtf is going on with this game

Anomen is a dual class. He should be fighter 7/cleric 17. Jaheira being fighter 8/druid 10 is possible. You'd have to have left her when she had between 250,000 and 400,000 total experience for it to be the case with her.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    So I proceeded through to THrone of Bhaal, took aerie again from the options it gives you in the pocketplane... i guess that works?
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I've found the issue: for some reason, Aerie's LOCAL variables were reset to 0. Hotfix for this is to CLUA the following:

C:SetGlobal("phaereinnuendo","global",99)

Now just to figure out why her variables were reset at death...
  • Taffy_the_DrowTaffy_the_Drow Member Posts: 2
    Hey we are having the same problem, but it is on our android tablets. Please help!