Skip to content

Level cap raised

SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
I have heard the level cap is being raised in BG EE and have searched around but can't find out how much they are actually increasing it. Does anyone know what the level cap is being raised to? Like if I'm multi classing what level would I make it to?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited August 2012
    We don't know yet as far as I can tell...

It's probably a fixed XP number rather than an Level cap. My bet would be 250,000 XP
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I hope it doesn't go too high. Importing a character into BG2 that went up to the 160,000 TotSC level cap throws off the balance of several of the early encounters (my Bard had 140,000, and that's nearly two levels higher than a newly-created char in BG2). Can only become worse with even more XPs to earn in the first game...
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    In BG1, Level 10-12 for each class seem Ok to me. (maybe 12-14 max)
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    Its not like all the extra lvls are *that* bad for the beginning of bg2, you do lose all your equipment after all. Plus, hopefully we need the higher lvl cap for the black pits and any other new dungeons being added
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    There's really only so much xp available in BG1 anyway, I don't think even having no cap at all would really matter.
    @Awong124 : Completing the entire game 100% without additional content or farming should yield around 1.5 Million XP. Half way through to HLAs if you play Solo :)

With a 6 people party it IS actually 250.000 XP per party member. Considering we get additional areas and quests in BGEE, my guess is that it can hit 1.75 Million XP in BGEE (more or less).
    edited August 2012
    @Cheesebelly

In BG1 and TotSC alone? I remember with a party of 6 I reached the TotSC level cap of 161,000 some time in the final chapter, and I'm the kind of person that does absolutely everything in the game. And I didn't farm.
    @Awong124 : I am pretty much sure, yeah. There were some estimates on the now gone BioWare forums. I think the average 100% completion should yield from 1.25-1.5 million XP without farming.
    Shadows of Amn with Watcher's keep is 24 million.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Tazok: That's only an obstacle if you're a Fighter - Mages will still have a distinct advantage. :)
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

I hope it doesn't go too high. Importing a character into BG2 that went up to the 160,000 TotSC level cap throws off the balance of several of the early encounters (my Bard had 140,000, and that's nearly two levels higher than a newly-created char in BG2). Can only become worse with even more XPs to earn in the first game...

I am assuming (read: Hoping) That when they make BG2EE that they will also raise the difficulty and starting level to match it.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839

I am assuming (read: Hoping) That when they make BG2EE that they will also raise the difficulty and starting level to match it.

I wouldn't bet on that. I suspect the contracts are the same, which forbids them from changing existing content. They could of course put new "suggested starting" quests into Athkathla (say in lieu of the Circus or the Copper Coronet), but in general everything would pretty much stay the same.

I have to clarify that the experience isn't exactly bad, but you sure can feel the two additional levels - which might become three or four with even more XP in BG:EE.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @The_New_Romance
    Being a Bard, the fastest gainer of XP of all, it probably didn't help that your Chromatic Orb was already in insta-kill mode, you shot five Magic Missiles, and had some ungodly number of images with Mirror Image. ;P
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I'm fine with level 10 as max.

I'm fine with level 10 as max.

Level 10 with which class though. Reaching level 10 with a fighter takes over 3 times as much xp as reaching level 10 with a thief.

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2012
    The ToTSC level cap is absolutely fine. As pointed out, imported characters into BG2 would be way to over powered if it was much higher.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    I earned my XP, so I want it all! Hate lvl caps.
  • SolyarisSolyaris Member Posts: 24
    The dungeons/encounters in BG2 scaled to your level somewhat, even Irenicus' dungeon. Raising the cap to 200,000 or even 250,000 would hardly break BG2 starting out.