Skip to content

Playhouse Bug

I am currently playing an evil playthrough with a Cleric, and I rescued Haer'Dalis from the mage. Upon returning to the playhouse, I got my reward for the rescue, sold the gem to Raelis, and asked for 1000 gp up front to help them with the portal. Once the bounty hunter came through, I said I wanted nothing to do with them, the troupe was taken away, and the portal closed.

I was then approached by Samuel who asked what happened, and I told him the troupe had left and put me in charge of the playhouse. (I didn't even know this could happen unless you were a bard.)

Higgold (the manager of the playhouse) then approached me and told me to come back in a few days to organise things. I adventured a while, then I was approached by a messenger telling me to go to the playhouse because Higgold was ready with the actors.

Now here is the issue.. Higgold is not there. Moreover, the portal that was closed is now open again, (meaning, the animation is there) but I can't interact with it.

I found exactly the same issue someone was having, here:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/problem-with-higgold-in-five-flagons-inn.95002/

It was resolved by him starting a new game and getting lucky. Which I have no desire to do.

So what can be done, here? I tried creating Higgold, but he only initiates the first-time conversation (where he tells you to come back in a few days).

So is there a way to change the "old" playhouse (with the portal open animation), to the "new" playhouse, (with the portal not there)? Or to do some global chat clua console thing to get things right?

I am baffled. Baffled.