Skip to content

[Known 6901] Black Pits 2.0 Crashes after battles

rabelzrabelz Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Everything is working pretty well except after every battle the game crashes. Some of these battles are close for me and I end up having to do it 3 or 4 times before I can get the game to not crash. It's really frustrating.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I'm guessing we're going to need more information from you on this. System specs, and OS would be a good start.

When you say it's "Crashing" are you getting a crash dump in your BGII:EE Folder? (Not the game folder, where the saved games are). You should see a "crash" folder with one or more "dump" files in it.

If you are getting a crash dump created when this happens, please zip up the crash dump, your saved game (for Black Gates 2, your saves will be in the "bpsave" directory in the same area as the crash dump and other game saves), and a copy of your baldur.exe file (your game installation directory).

Let us know if you can get the above, and I'll figure out where you need to get it to.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Note that Black Pits 2 currently can't be played in multiplayer mode, at least not without issues.

If you have got a crash dump, there should also be Baldur.pdb file created in the main game directory, please include it as well.
  • rabelzrabelz Member Posts: 3
    I will update with crash dumps, I probably have 15-20 of them(currently at work so I don't have access to those). I will also update with my saves as soon as I get home. I'm running windows 7 Home Prem 64, with 8 gigs of ram, an 8320 @ 4.2 Ghz, a Radeon 7870, a standard 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD. (Note: I do run 120 Hz on my monitor)

I have not currently been playing multiplayer but it is sad to see that it is not working :(
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @rabelz: The issue Gate70 mentions is a well known cause of crashes in BP2. Please do check this and let us know...