Skip to content

Which parts of the original series does BG EE contain?

VagnardVagnard Member Posts: 4
Hello,
I always assumed that the Enhanced Edition would combine all 4 parts of Baldurs Gate into one gigantic game, sort of like the Trilogy Mod. Looking at the topics here however it seems like only BG1 will be in the release on September 18th and BG2 will get a seperate EE somewhere down the line.

So, which is it? And might I add, the main page "baldursgate.com" is not very informative regarding this matter.

Comments

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    BG1 + TotSC + BG2 engine refinements + fixes + tweaks + entirely new content
  • VagnardVagnard Member Posts: 4
    Ah, as I feared. Too bad though, I was really looking forward to play the whole game again. Well, I'll just have to wait then. Is BG2 EE already in development or do they finish BG1 first and then move on?
    BG2EE is likely already being worked on, as it is coming out early next year.

...Is your name a Record of Lodoss War reference, by the by?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Vagnard said:

So, which is it? And might I add, the main page "baldursgate.com" is not very informative regarding this matter.

Actually, if you click on the any of the platforms below, the new screen has that info. Though maybe it could be more visible.
    Ha, never thought someone would recognize this. Altough the anime wasn't exactly unpopular.
    Good old times, and also not the worst analogy to Baldurs Gate :)

However, thanks for the information.
    @Vagnard

I actually just watched Lodoss all the way through for the first time. Didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but it is very D&D-like, yeah.

And, mmm, Pirotess.
    Loved the series back when it first aired in 2001 (I think), saved all my money and instantly bought the it on DVD when it became available. Today it might seem a bit cliche-y plus the animation is kind of outdated, but it tells one of the better stories in animated history and had imho the best OST ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=483bYrHJccc).
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    To be honest, i'm a bit disappointed when i had found out that bg:ee = bg1+totsc and not all 4 combined :( but on the good side, i've read several topics on bg2:ee coming at the start of 2013, so that's pretty promising as i would have enough time to play bg:ee thoroughly(?spell check).