Skip to content

Yamato scimitar/wakizashi class restrictions

AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
So why exactly is this weapon no longer usable by druids or fighter/druids (as if decent weaponry wasn't lacking for them as it is)? In vanilla BGII it was usable just like any other weapon of this type.
Post edited by Aramintai on

Comments

• AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Anyway, I've exported this item file from the vanilla BGII with Near Infinity. If anyone wishes to use this weapon without this dubious restriction that it seems came crawling from the BGII Fixpack, I've attached this file here - you just need to extract it into the Override folder in the main directory of the game.
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    I too was baffled when Jaheira couldn't use the weapon. But thanks to you, now she can!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I didn;t think Druids were able to use Wakizashi or Ninjato, just Scimitars, even though they were groups under the same proficiency.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure druids were only ever supposed to be able to use Scimitars, not Wakizashis or Ninjatos.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    It's because they spent so much time hugging trees and refusing to read books that had been made from them that scimitar was the only one they could spell...
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    That was in vanilla bg2 where scimitars had separate proficiencies , so were wakizashi or Ninjato, but now when all 3 weapons are united on the same proficiency I don't see why fighter/druids can't use Usuno +4 blade or any other wakizashi or ninjato. I am still mad why they made scarlet blade only for monks.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2013

That was in vanilla bg2 where scimitars had separate proficiencies , so were wakizashi or Ninjato, but now when all 3 weapons are united on the same proficiency I don't see why fighter/druids can't use Usuno +4 blade or any other wakizashi or ninjato. I am still mad why they made scarlet blade only for monks.

Scimitars/Ninjatos/Wakizashis always shared a proficiency. Even in vanilla BG2.

Out of the 3 weapons, druids have only ever been able to use scimitars, even in vanilla BG2.

Scarlet Ninjato was also only usable by monks and thieves with UAI in BG2.