Skip to content

Has anyone figured out whether Dorn is... (SPOILERS)

related to Gromnir? I'm waiting until the BGII:EE Ascension release before playing through ToB and curiosity is killing me

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    They are cousins from the same orc tribe, though their exact kinship relationship is a but murkier since Gromnir is a Bhaalspawn and Dorn isn't. When you go to fight Gromnir Dorn gives you a bit of backstory on him.
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Awesome! All the more reason to go through the game again with an evil playthrough. Thanks!
  • GromnirGromnir Member Posts: 7
    david gaider was very much aware that the original Gromnir character was human, so making the ToB character an orc was part of his joke on me. the notion that gaider would have developed a serious back-story for his Gromnir strains credulity. any family or tribe histories related to Gromnir are going to be inventions of beamdog-- not that there is anything wrong with that.

as an aside, i have seen it mentioned that ilKhan is a family or tribe name for orcs. okie dokie. truth be told, the "IlKhan" bit for Gromnir was necessitated because at some point in the now distant past, interplay changed their message board format. when i created a new profile to access the updated bg2/nwn message boards, i discovered that some sneak-thief had managed to abscond with my nom de guerre. HA! i added the ilkhanate title for no particular reason. i could just as easily have gone with, "Gromnir Augustus," "Gromnir 007," or something equally ridiculous.

HA! Good Fun!