Skip to content

7228 [NEERA] - Neera's Wild Forest conversation doesn't trigger

ddoferddofer Member Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi all,
Entering the Forest region after the first (city) encoutner with Neera the wild mage doesn't result in her triggering any conversation.
I tried reloading from an earlier point and going through the initial encounter then travelling to the forest again, but no dice. Travelling to the wild mage refuge doesn't help her trigger either.
The character model merely stands there and doesn't respond to "talk" commands or the like.

Is there any way to trigger it to continue?

Thanks!
Post edited by AlexT on

Comments

• MegamikeMegamike Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I had the exact same problem. Went to the Wild Forest after being invited there by Neera, tried to talk to her when I arrived at the location, but all she did was say stuff like "Hmm?" or "I'm ready!" when I clicked on her, no conversation could be started.
    While I was looking through the forum for help I had BG2:EE running in the background with my characters just standing around Neera. When I checked the game again, she had started talking to me on her own. I tried again with an earlier save and again I had to wait several minutes, standing near her, until her conversation started.
    So apparently this problem can just be fixed by waiting near her for a while :)
    Still seems weird though and should maybe be looked at.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    We are looking into this.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I ran into the same problem during one of my tests but couldn't get it to happen again. By chance had you visited the "City Gates" part of Amn before? I ask because I THINK this happens if you travel from where you meet Neera to the Wild Forest without first passing through the City Gates district, but I could be wrong.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    i went straight to the wild forest w/o passing through the city gates and noticed the behavior described previously. leaving the area and coming back in, as well as a reload triggered the correct conversation.