Skip to content

Hello!

StabbykinzStabbykinz Member Posts: 3
edited November 2013 in New Members Welcome Area
I'm Stabbykinz, and I just bought this game yesterday after a friend recommended it to me. I've always enjoyed DnD and I wanted to try out one of the older PC games they came out with, so I've decided to start playing Baldur's Gate, the first one.

That being said, I'm fairly...irked that most of the sessions I find are pretty much all private. Guess I'll be posting in the Multiplayer section. Thanks for having me here! ^u^

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    HI, I'M MAD.
    :P
    Yes, I do, but not so much, welcome to the forums.
    Baldur's Gate rocks, if your a DnD fan you should know what THAC0 is.
  • StabbykinzStabbykinz Member Posts: 3
    Sorry man, 3.5 to 4th is my area of DnD, not 2nd edition, but it doesn't seem too different. With a little time, maybe some research, I can probably get into 2nd just as good as the others.

I probably should've said 'tried' to enjoy DnD. A lot of the campaign I played in kept getting changed constantly, and the one I was in that was actually running for a good while finally died a while back. But I still got the basics down, so I should be fine. (Hopefully.)

I've already got my thingy posted in the Multiplayer section if you're interested in having me in a group. Feel free to check it out. Nice to meet you, Mad.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2013
    Erm... If u haven't played BG before, I STRONGLY recommend that you play BG EE through to BG 2 EE on singleplayer mode first.

With MP u mess up the storyline quite a lot, and that's a big part of the appeal of the game, as well as the NPC interactions in BG 2 that u'd miss in a MP game.

The BG games are singleplayer games at its core. The MP is like the icing on the cake, bonus content.

If u wanna play MP games with friends straight away, perhaps try out Black Pits... that's got nothing to do with the core game.