Skip to content

Question about Stunning Blow ability

leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
edited November 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hey all, I just discovered today that Monks can use Stunning Blow and confirmed that it will work with any melee weapon, not just the Monk's fist. Is this working as intended? Because the two Monk kits' replacements for Stunning Blow, Frozen Fists and Flaming Fists, do NOT apply to weapons other than the Monk's fist. I sort of assumed that all three of these abilities would work the same, and that either they all should ONLY apply to the fist, or they all should apply to any melee weapon.
Post edited by leeowensoas on

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I suppose the logic is that blow doesn't specify a weapon so you can blow someone without fisting them. Though I am also curious as to whether this is intentional.
    TJ_Hooker
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    nano said:

(…) so you can blow someone without fisting them.

Must (…) Resist!
    elminsterGemHoundTJ_Hookerbooinyoureyes
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Phrasing, @nano, phrasing.
    Flashburn
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    nano said:

I suppose the logic is that blow doesn't specify a weapon so you can blow someone without fisting them. Though I am also curious as to whether this is intentional.

well you can, but it's just rude.
    TJ_Hookerbooinyoureyes
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    nano said:

@nano
    Note:
    Reread this... carefully.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I can confirm this happens. You may want to move this thread into the bugs section.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    ... perverts.
    ;)
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    Haha, I leave for a few hours and come back to a flurry of innuendo. That's why I love this board!

@elminster, I didn't put it in the bugs forum cause I was trying to confirm if it was WAI or not. In the Monk description, it specifies that the Monk's greatest skill is the ability to "stun an opponent with an UNARMED blow." so I think you're right and the bugs forum is where it belongs.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    elminster said:

I can confirm this happens. You may want to move this thread into the bugs section.

After all this blowing and fisting are you sure you want to spread the bugs around?
    monico