Skip to content

Cannot find RACE.IDS

Kezza921Kezza921 Member Posts: 9
edited November 2013 in General Modding
For the past hour or so I have been trying to install "Subraces for BG:EE" I have followed the instructions and it says the same thing it cannot find RACE.IDS in the override folder while true it's not there I have tried looking for this file with no success can anyone please help me it has become very frustrating.

Any help would be amazing, thank you.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's a biffed file (a system the IE uses to compress/gather multiple files together) - unless a mod has already placed a changed version of it in your override, you can use an editor like Near Infinity and extract a copy of it from the .bif file that houses it to the override.

Alternatively you can try the version supplied here, just put it in your override - unmodded BG:EE version afaik.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    @Shin No, it shouldn't need a file in override, weidu can extract files from biffs just fine.

@Kezza921 The mods installs fine for me, what instructions did you follow? (some of those might be from before weidu was updated for bgee to streamline the mod install process).

Make sure you're running setup-subrace.exe from the folder with baldur.exe and chitin.key files (and Subrace folder must be in the same place).
  • Kezza921Kezza921 Member Posts: 9
    I did that and it did install but when I ran it all the text appeared as invalid(followed by a series of numbers)

How would I fix this problem?
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    edited November 2013
    @Kezza921 Looks like this Subraces mod is packaged with outdated version of Weidu (v231), which is not yet "educated" on how to install mods on EE properly. I didn't notice it at first because I have other mods in the same folder, and in this case weidu auto-updates itself by copying over their newer executables.

The easiest way to fix that would be to download the latest Weidu from http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu and replace the "setup-subrace.exe" executable with the executable from the latest version archive (currently WeiDU-Windows-236.zip):

- uninstall Subraces (run .exe, choose [u]ninstall)
    - download weidu v236 from above link
    - unzip weidu.exe from the downloaded archive and rename it into "setup-subrace.exe"
    - overwrite the old subraces .exe with the updated version
    - try to install the mod again, it should work

One final note: the mod only works with BGEE, don't try using with BG2EE - it works with assumption that the player starts a new game in Candlekeep and extends that BG1 area's scripts.