Skip to content

**Spoiler** Hexxat quest

Hexxat third quest how to i get past stoneface that you need place your hand i tried all options there but they seem to be all wrong i get teleported back to room with lots books?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You need to read one of the books. The statue is telling you to do some studying.
  • UlothiUlothi Member Posts: 6
    I personally hate reading books... lets see if can some find that book i trust it is in same place where it teleports me...
    I think there's only one actual book. The others are all dusty tomes.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Ulothi Just grab all of the books, no need to read them, move around in the game for a moment, then drop them all. Technically the game only checks if you had the book in inventory. :)
    LiamEsler said:

@Ulothi Just grab all of the books, no need to read them, move around in the game for a moment, then drop them all. Technically the game only checks if you had the book in inventory. :)

I wish my PhD worked this way.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yeah that'd be an awesome way to memorize my lines, as well.
    I confess there are times I do my PhD like this.

"The book is next to me on the desk. If I leave it there long enough I will absorb its knowledge via a process of osmosis."
  • Ghost322Ghost322 Member Posts: 7
    Have the books and clicking on the mouth it just says my characters name: has nothing to say to you. Tried it with all the books in inventory, only the 1 book, and after dropping all the books and same thing.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited December 2015
    Sigh. Hexxat. And I loathe this quest in particular. Glitchy as anything, traps that, unlike pretty much every other trap, can't be disarmed, cheesy infinite XP spider factory, and apparently Charname is incapable of remembering the names of four people they just met or a full backstory they could perfectly well have been informed of in the before mission briefing?

Just Ctrl+J past the door and save yourself the aggro if you can, Ghost, so that *spoilers*Viconia, if she is in your party, can complain about meeting an entity she could have met perfectly happily in Baldur's Gate I without comment*/spoilers*, possibly getting in an endless dialogue loop repeating it over and over forever.