Skip to content

Is there a mod, so Your characters are able to start at level 1 ?

Hi, Just wondered if it was possible to start your characters at level 1? I hate starting at higher levels.

Thanks

Comments

• DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    BGEE - you do.
    BG2EE - literally being at level 1 would kill you since enemies are too strong, you are meant to have the experience you gained at BGEE. And designing a mod to get you from lvl 1 to ~8 in a manner that is satisfying (that is not giving you loads of experience for minor stuff just to push you up) would basically mean writing BG1 amount of content.

So no, if I understood your question correctly.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I'm sure you could eek your way through Chateau Irenicus with a level 1 party if you knew what you were doing. I mean, disarm a trap here, pick a lock there, learn a spell anywhere; it's heavy experience without combat.

If you really find it meaningful, you can edit all your characters to level 1 with EEKeeper.
    Pibaro
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Sounds pretty fun and it would let you customize your characters a bit (no more two-handed sword Minsc, yay!)
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Actually, with the experience taken in the Irenicus' dungeon you can easily become level 7. But, a well designed mod would have some xp boost before your first encounters and a softer difficulty curve, filling the dungeon with level 1-4 spells.
  • Sir_Thomas_AdamSir_Thomas_Adam Member Posts: 1
    You could also play a human and dual class them at the very beginning of the game. You'd have more HP (and can't remember if THAC0 resets or not), but you'd still have plenty challenge.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Yes. It's called Baldur's Gate.

Honestly, if you started as level one in BG2, you would not be able to survive (or you'd hide behind the NPC's and level up off of their XP).
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Try making a character in BGEE, export it and then import it to BG2EE.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    EEKeeper can do this, as well. It takes very little work.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I don't believe it would be a big deal to balance; you gain experience and level up so fast, the 161K you enter the game with quickly becomes a drop in the bucket anyway.
    jackjack
  • zdsdeadzdsdead Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the suggestions. Its working a treat !
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    If you want to start BG2EE at level 1 you either need to create a human and dual class as soon as the game starts, or edit your save game after you start to reset back to level 1. There's not much point in doing so since writing a scroll to a spellbook is 1000 XP * the spell's level, and disarming a trapped & locked chest is at least 2000 XP.

Playing BGEE gives you 161k XP, the stat tomes, the golden pantaloons, 1 of helm of baldurian/claw of kazgaroth, and 1 of studded leather +2/chain mail +3 (there are other choices but they're not really that special). If you don't want to spend time in BGEE just edit you game to add to taste.

I've messed around with the character import function and found out that if you play BGEE with a human and dual class to level 1 in BGEE before import, when you import to BG2EE your character's second class is leveled up to 89K XP with your inactive class still set at 161k XP or whatever you dualed at. Depending on what classes you picked you may be able to finish the first dungeon with both of your classes activated.