Skip to content

Any mods that add content (like sidequests and areas) to Throne of Bhaal?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
I always found Throne of Bhaal a bit... linear. I love the overall story and think it fits well into the Bhaalspawn Saga (SoA was a better game but a bit less integral in the story of your PC's divine essence) but I always felt it could use a bit more meat.

Is there anything that adds quests to ToB? Maybe some more encounters or something like Watcher's Keep?

PS: In addition to Ascension

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    AFAIK the Wheel of Prophecy adds some new content to ToB. It's on my need-to-try modlist anyway. And it fits well with Ascension.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Thanks. What is AFAIK though?
    Lol thanks... I thought it was a mod. I was expecting something absurdly epic like Ancient Fortress At Irenicus's Keep
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Lol, man, and I thought I am the only dinosaur left:)
    There is also a mod called Redemption, which is sort of alternative ending of Ascension, but I haven't heard of any plans of converting it to BG2EE thus far.
    I know about it but I also throw it in with Ascension.
    As far as dinosaurs are concerned
    a. I'm actually a hamster
    b. I'm only 25... just computerly challenged
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    I think we should get together and start pestering Trent on twitter. Keep bugging him to expand ToB, and we might just get a DLC :))

And it doesn't even need to be voiced. Just a couple of new areas/quests/characters/items.

Personally, I'd gladly drop $15 if it meant getting some new content for ToB.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    All four new NPC's have ToB content with new areas
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Cuv said:

This is true, but it would be nice to have some non-new NPC related content. Things like TotSC, for example, which just added some exciting new quests and areas. Or even content that expands on older NPCs in new adventures. Basically just stuff to pad ToB out a bit.
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
    I've wondered about that, myself. In all the years the BG mod community has been around, custom content in ToB has mostly been regulated to banter from new NPCs. Ascension, Wheels of Prophecy, and Redemption are the only mods that jump to mind that actually altered the content. Is it significantly harder to mod new content into ToB, ala I Shall Never Forget, or such things?
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    the modding community mostly seems to prefer working in the constraints of SoA. it's a lot easier to balance tactical content with a more limited selection of items and abilities to plan for, and the player generally has a lot more freedom to go exploring during the main story.
  • OlleDenStoreOlleDenStore Member Posts: 43

Cuv said:

This is true, but it would be nice to have some non-new NPC related content. Things like TotSC, for example, which just added some exciting new quests and areas. Or even content that expands on older NPCs in new adventures. Basically just stuff to pad ToB out a bit.
    I personally would love a side quest that featured Saemon Havarian. I'd really like to finally get to kill the bugger :)
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24

Cuv said:

I personally would love a side quest that featured Saemon Havarian. I'd really like to finally get to kill the bugger :)
    Well, you can already do that (I did, just this morning, just before the shifty skunk could teleport away), unless you mean a quest where killing Havarion is the entire point.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Cuv said:

I think he's actually featured in Dorn's ToB content, but I could be wrong since I haven't reached it yet.