Skip to content

Dual class a human shadowdancer?

Not sure where I went wrong here, but I intended to dual class my shadowdancer to a mage at some point in the game. However, The dual class button is greyed out. My char is a human mage, with intelligence at 17. What did I screw up?

Comments

• ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Do you have at least 15 dexterity? You need 15 in your first class's primary stat to dual iirc.
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    Yes, 18 in Dex.
    Sorry, of course I meant my char is a human shadowdancer that I want to dual to mage. Is that even possible?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    It should be possible, but you need at least 15 dexterity and 17 intelligence to dual, and you have to be human.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Shadowdancer is a wee bit different. You need at least 15 strength, dexterity, and charisma, and 17 intelligence, as well as human, to dual class into a mage.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Wow, a thief with 3 primary stats?
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    it's based on an actual prestige class in 3rd edition, I don't think it's terribly out of line :P

paladin is just a regular class and look at all its prime requisites =o
    Hey, thanks, everyone. In the end I started again and with a decent roll made the appropriate stats high enough.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    Shadowdancer/mage for me is rother waist oportunity in bg2 becouse when you get mage stuff you got pernament inwizibilti you should think of dual him to worrior or cleric
    i played shadowdancer/cleric lvl 13/max (660000/max XP)with chaotic natural aligmetnt(all cleric spel avaibel) i like it very much. with spell backstab is max 62 in SoA(club+3) or quterstaff +4 and in ToB is 104 with quterstaff +12. mmy charname has 18% kills form all team it disent.
    Final Stats: -10 TRACO on the counter 21-26 dmg in SoA
    That's an interesting idea. I might try a shadow/cleric next time. I'm committed to the shadow/mage option now, being partway through the game. I usually play with two mages, so a lot of the good mage equipment will be taken by the second mage.

By the way, when should I dual class to mage? I am at level 11 right now. I think I need at least one or two more levels just to get the better sneak abilities and also to maximize the backstab if I can.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    If you're already at 11 you might as well go to 13.
    Okay, I will then. Thanks for the quick reply.