Skip to content

[Known 7267] Saemon route bug *Spoilers*

GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
When choosing to help Saemon acquire a ship instead of taking the portal to the underdark, the game fails to transit you out of the Inn after giving Saemon the horn, but the cutscene where Desharik confronts you still proceeds, but Saemon and the party are still in the inn.

EDIT: I should mention that the game does act like the transition is happening, but then when the screen fades back in, the party and Saemon are standing next to the south-eastern wall of the inn, still inside when Desharik begins to speak off-screen. This sucks though, I really wanted to play through Sahaugin City :(
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    UPDATE: I found out by re-loading to an earlier save what exactly the source of the bug was: After Saemon gives you the quest to take the horn, he's supposed to leave the Inn and go to the docks near the Pirate King's Ship, hence why the transition bugged out, the bug is the fact that Saemon didn't leave and head for the docks, but instead stayed at the Inn.

I'd say the best fix for this currently is save before talking to Saemon in the inn after getting out of spellhold, then you'll be free of this BS.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Having fallen foul of this myself, C:CreateCreature("PPSAEM3") whilst in the ship area shall spawn the correct, quest continuing, Saemon.
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    I was doin it yday but didnt have any bugs. After I got the horn he wasnt in the inn but near dat ship, so maybe it's sumthin on ur side?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    So_LoW said:

I was doin it yday but didnt have any bugs. After I got the horn he wasnt in the inn but near dat ship, so maybe it's sumthin on ur side?

It's a side effect of loading a save whilst he's "en route" out of the inn. Reloading sets him in place in the inn, which leads to the original issue mentioned.