Skip to content

[Steam Issue] BG:EE not listed in Game List/Rosta

Hey there,

I know that the Steam version of BG:EE isn't supported by Overhaul (or, they don't have much control over it), but I thought I would raise this issue here, as it has been noted on the main Steam Discussion page for the game. BG:EE appears in your game library for accessing purposes, and appears on your recently played list, however it does not appear in your 'All Games' list, or count towards your overall games owned. Now, of course, it's not a major issue, but it is still an issue nontheless.

In addition to this, there is no artwork displayed when the game is listed on your 'Recently Played' list, or when you are shown in-game (when hovering the mouse over the avatar of someone in-game). Again, I'm sure it's not high on the list of bugs that need squashing, but I imagine you would want the game to look as complete and bug-free as possible, and when new people are buying the game from Steam and see small little bugs like this it may not inspire them too much.

I've had the game since it launched and never noticed it not appearing in the 'All Games' list; it was only now when I noticed the thread on the Steam Discussion. The missing artwork has always been missing, however.

Comments

• FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    There is a discussion on it here, on the Steam discussions. It seems like this issue is having a negative affect on the perseption of the game :(

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/864980734691212392/
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Actually Overhaul is handling the Steam version too now. Atari gave them access to handle both games on Steam directly. However this only happened like a month ago, but still getting the Steam imagine for BGEE working can't take more than a few hours at most.

Completely agree though that overall the support of the Steam version has been pretty bad, but maybe it will change now that Overhaul has direct control over it. They certainly got the BG2EE patch there pretty quickly at least.