Skip to content

Afterlife in Faerun?

If you're a human and you die, do you go to the Human Faerunian Pantheon? Or is there a seperate area/plane for the dead?

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure, but i belive true worshippers of a deity goes to their gods plane after death, same as in the Greyhawk setting. And if FR like GH follow the same rule with non belivers, they(the faithless) are forever tormented in a plane which resembles that of Dantes Divina Commedia :)
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
    As far as I know in Faerun if you die you are usually taken by the deity you worshiped in life.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited November 2013
    When mortals die, their souls are drawn to the Fugue Plane within the Astral Sea. There they are going to meet Kelemvor in the City of Judgement (or Myrkul in case one died before Kelemvor gained godhood).

Souls can reside there for up to a tenday before a divine servant (of their worshiped faith) comes to collect them, often completely clueless to the fact that they are dead. During that time, baatezu are allowed to inform souls of their state and bargain with them. Souls are offered the chance to become devils themselves, usually starting as a lemure but having the chance to advance through the devilish ranks, possibly even becoming a pit fiend. This is the main way baatezu propagate. The prospect of becoming a devil may seem abhorrent to good-aligned mortals but those who follow evil deities and those who fear what awaits them in the afterlife are much more likely to take up the offer.

A mortal that didn't worshiped a god, will end in the Wall of the Faithless which surrounds the City of Judgement.

Don't ever make a bet with a tiefling. - Planar proverb.
    Post edited by Kurumi on