Skip to content

Dual-Classing Cleric to Fighter

JullosJullos Member Posts: 24
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Hey guys,
once again I need your knowledge... I got a cleric on my multiplayer game and I was wondering if dualclassing it was a good idea? She is presently a lvl 10 priest of Lanthender and I don't really know the upsides of a cleric/fighter dual (is it any different from a fighter/cleric?). Like, will I be able to use my healing spells and will the skills points I've put on her still be useful? thanks in advance

Comments

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited November 2013
    If you dual-class to a fighter now, you will lose all your cleric abilities until you hit level 11 in figher. So it means you'll have some weak levels, but afterward you'll be a figher that also just happens to have those cleric levels. It's a pretty good deal in many cases.

However, you'd normally start out with a figher and then dual-class to a caster. This way you'll get a lot of combat ability but will still be able to cast high level spells. Start out with a caster and switch to a figher, and you get to cast only lower-level spells. This isn't really bad though (especially if you have buff spells that can help you as a figher), but whether it's worth the headache of suffering with poor abilities for 11 levels, I don't really know. Personally, I'd just stay cleric-y so I could help my party rather than hold them back.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If you are going to do it level 10 is a good level. Once you get back your cleric levels you will still have access to level 5 spells. That will give you access to Righteous Magic, which is going to be a pretty useful spell to have. You'll also get access to your spells relatively soon compared to dualing at higher levels.

Still, for simplicities sake its probably just going to be easier to stay as a cleric.