Skip to content

Blackguard Kit and Wisdom.

Hi all! (:

I am in the process of making my first ever blackguard, and am wondering if wisdom does anything at all. Does it let you memorize more priest spells, or does it do absolutely nothing?

thank you.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Paladins get zero benefit from Wisdom in the Baldur's Gate series, so I assume Blackguards are the same. Haven't tested it, though.
  • serialthrillaserialthrilla Member Posts: 26
    Madhax said:

Paladins get zero benefit from Wisdom in the Baldur's Gate series, so I assume Blackguards are the same. Haven't tested it, though.

Good to know, thanks.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Blackguards are the same.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,991
    but what of the lore value? yOu MuSt HaVe LoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoReEeEeEeEe......... actually maybe not, that's what eye goggles of identification is for (:
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    sarevok57 said:

but what of the lore value? yOu MuSt HaVe LoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoReEeEeEeEe......... actually maybe not, that's what eye goggles of identification is for (:

Or, you know, a party mage =P
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Madhax said:

sarevok57 said:

Difficult if running an all evil party, since Eddy is a Conjurer.
  • ShireShire Member Posts: 58
    Since wisdom is useless, why are Paladins forced to have 13? Some kind of "wise" principle?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Exactly. Same reason as why elves cannot have less than 8 charisma. Class/Race pre-requisite.
    edited December 2013
    Its a good thing the devs didn't take the Fighter from Candlekeep restrictions from the Warriors & priests book. Technically all warriors from Candlekeep have a minimum 12 Int and Wis requirement XD
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 383
    Madhax said:

sarevok57 said:

Or a bard.

Madhax said:

sarevok57 said:

Or a bard.
    Bard actually works really well as an Evil Charname now. Or a caster hybrid of some kind. You've got 2-3 great warriors, a great thief, pure cleric and the gane's best Mage. Being a warrior or thief class seems a bit redundant now, especially late game.