Skip to content

Hexxat for Good-aligned Team

Would I still be able to enjoy Hexxat as a permanent team member if my character has good alignment and dialogue choices are mostly for the good? Please answer with bare minimum spoilers. I don't mind spoilers for this question though - will I be able to change her alignment via in-game choices?

Comments

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Yeah I wanted to take her but she fights with almost everyone I think. Rather, they fight with her. From what I hear of her in ToB, it would be really hard to justify bringing her.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    yeah, Hexxat is a good thief but really if you want a thief that doesn't get into fights just go with Jan Jansen. Sure he's multi-classed and takes longer to level up, but he still gets the job done (AND STILL GETS SPIKE TRAPS!)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I find it kind of funny, I have a play through were I have played with hexxat quite a bit ( I think she is level 16 or so) and all the banter I see, you would never suspect that she was evil, she seems to be very calm and caring, or at least in my opinion that is what I have seen so far
  • Hexxat, as mentioned, has conflicts with most of the good-aligned NPCs, so playing a "good-aligned party" with her is going to end up with a pretty restricted roster. On the other hand, she doesn't appear to have any conflicts with the neutral NPCs, so she might fit in well with a neutral party.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    sarevok57 said:

I find it kind of funny, I have a play through were I have played with hexxat quite a bit ( I think she is level 16 or so) and all the banter I see, you would never suspect that she was evil, she seems to be very calm and caring, or at least in my opinion that is what I have seen so far

What alignment is your party? I find that in evil parties she seems quite nice, but her evilness comes out more with good parties.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

sarevok57 said:

What alignment is your party? I find that in evil parties she seems quite nice, but her evilness comes out more with good parties.
    If you mean she cheerfully agrees when the others suggest a bloodbath, then yes, she's nice in evil parties. ;)

sarevok57 said:

If you mean she cheerfully agrees when the others suggest a bloodbath, then yes, she's nice in evil parties. ;)
    Haha! Indeed! ;) I was thinking more about the fact that she basically eats peasants while you sleep, which the Good characters like Aerie try to confront her about while the Evil ones just don't give much of a f*** and let her get on with it without comment. XD
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited December 2013
    All Evil-aligned NPCs seem far more evil when mixed with good parties as there is alot more conflict, and you also can compare them at the moment.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Disregarding RP reasons and just looking at conflicts

Hexxat has conflicts with Anomen, Keldorn, Mazzy, Aerie (in TOB, i think), and maybe Valygar? Not sure on that.

So you can bring Minsc, Nalia, Imoen, Jaheira (ok I know she's "true neutral" but let's be real if this was 3rd edition she'd be Neutral Good), and I'm probably forgetting others.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    As compared to who Viconia, who bad mouths everyone, especially if she sees them as a romantic rival.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Using Hexxat in a good party isn't optimal for two reasons. One is the number of potential conflicts. Two is that you miss out on watching her completely backhand Korgan, Dorn, and/or Edwin if you have any of them in your party with her.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I was hoping someone would say that you can use charisma, should it be exceptionally high, to keep her in check.
  • DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
    I am running a bard game right now, true neutral with Hexxat as my thief. Rest of the party is Yoshimo, Cernd, Jaheira, and Neera. Nobody seems to have any conflicts at all with her, and her convo pop-ups are all mellow and calm, rather affable really. I also have a 22 Charisma so that might be smoothing things over without my really realizing it. But yea, the moment I tried adding any of the stuffy-good characters even for a brief time, it was not happy cause they all demanded "either she goes or I go" and I so I have populated the Copper Coronet with a lot of out of work adventurers.
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    There are various degrees of conflict. Keldorn immediately upon joining whines about vampire in the party, so he is totally out I guess. Mazzy broke after maany adventures, and when she did I just went to her house and hired her back (we shall see how long it lasts). Aerie for now keeps her opinions to herself.
    Illustair said:

I was hoping someone would say that you can use charisma, should it be exceptionally high, to keep her in check.

In some cases, like with Mazzy (and maybe Valygar), a high Charisma can change 'fight to the death' into 'Mazzy peaceably leaves' but you still have to choose between them, its just they don't kill each other.

@DMC: Hexxat is most definitely Affably Evil.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2013

Disregarding RP reasons and just looking at conflicts

Hexxat has conflicts with Anomen, Keldorn, Mazzy, Aerie (in TOB, i think), and maybe Valygar? Not sure on that.

So you can bring Minsc, Nalia, Imoen, Jaheira (ok I know she's "true neutral" but let's be real if this was 3rd edition she'd be Neutral Good), and I'm probably forgetting others.

And really she should fight all them as well. The moment she starts talking about sneaking out and eating peasants, it makes all those characters seem weak not to take any notice and act oblivious. So far, it's only Aerie she makes that revelation to, so I think that conflict should be removed, or changed so that Aerie is less sure what Hexxat gets up to and only delivers a verbal warning in ToB.

And as for Valygar, they will argue. In that case, it depends what dialogue you choose whether they fight, or he just leaves, or he seems to just let it go on one of them.
  • RogolRogol Member Posts: 19
    Does she have a certain reputation threshold for leaving your party?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    She leaves at 19-20, just like other evil NPCs.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2013
    First thing is never let your rep get to 19, and it is possible. As to conflicts no worse than kheldorn and viconia where they come to blows, or anal retentive (anemon) tries to kill aerie when he falls his knighthood test, which is why I only keep kheldon long enough to reunite his with his wife, and treat anemon like he has the bubonic plague.
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    is there any mode to let hexxat in party without conflicts with other charachters??with or without cheats or eekeeper? i read other topic but i didn't see any solution! :C