Skip to content

Soon exporting to BG2, couple questions

I have a wild mage almost about to go to BG2 EE. I'm planning an "evil" playthrough for the first time, so I'm not entirely sure of the pitfalls here. I just went through BG1 with a pretty evil party, and much to my surprise it was not really an issue. I may or may not have been involved in some murder and extortion to keep my rep down, but let's not worry too much about that.

I'm planning the following party:

Korgan
Dorn
Viconia
Hexxat
Neera
Myself

As far as I can tell, there are no conflicts to be aware of here. Looks fine, right? (yes, I like wild mages!)

2. It seems like I need Jaheira (temporarily anyway) to get a Ring of Wizardry. Any other must-have mage items that I could easily miss by choosing the "wrong" party? Also, is it pretty quick to deal with the Jaheira quest so I can get to the party I want?

PS: Did I mention that I love wild mages? I really do. Kept my BG1 playthrough pretty fresh although it's my billionth time through that. The best moment was just when I was about to die to an ogre mage (very early in the game) and I got a wild surge that dropped a cow on its head. Also had some catastrophic outcomes, but even those are sometimes funny.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Far as I can tell you can just stroll into the tavern on the docks with Jaheira in party straight away to get her quest started. The guy is always there whether she's with you or not.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You don't need Jaheira; A Ring of Wizardry can be acquired through the Mage's Stronghold quest if you instruct your apprentices a certain way. It's easy to miss out on it though (I did in my most recent playthrough), so I'd consult a guide if you want to go that path.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Right. Would be nice to have one for Neera as well though.
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    Too much chaos? Maybe swap in Edwin for Neera if you might be so inclined. He is the best mage in the whole series, including charname casters.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Cant go wrong with korgan