Skip to content

Level scaling - how does it work?

DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
So... I've started, for the first time a playthrough with multiclass character. F/M/C because why multiclass if I don't go all the way. And since I find the most important part of Baldur to be party interactions - I always go out with full party. I've finished almost every quest I could during acts 3 and 4 - party member level (for single classed ones) is 16 and above. I clock at 11/12/11.

And now to the point. I've entered Spellhold, and it is much easier than I remember it. I distinctly remember some Umber Hulks around, minutaurs and stuff. But what I encounter are measily Yuan-tis. Is this level scaling at work? Does it take into account only my level (12 after all) and scales the encounters appropiately despite my whole party being much higher? Or maybe my memory is rusty, and Spellhold WAS devoid of strong monsters?

[edit] Aaaand It was just the starting level, the second gave me greater mummies and a lich right to the face. I guess I spoke too soon. Though the question overall still stands - how does level scaling work in this game?

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I think it's based on the amount of exp you have, not your level.