Skip to content

Hells Alignment Change Still screw over neutral characters? SPOILERS

Does my neutral character still change to evil if i choose the evil path in the selfishness trial?. I do not like permanently losing 2hp and a point of dexterity just because I choose to let a character die (who I can than ressurect) and I do not feel a neutral character should be forced to choose the good path to keep there alignment.

Comments

• jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    It's annoying on a surface level but IIRC the charname's alignment has no actual bearing on the game other than your starting reputation. Change it back using keeper if it bugs you that much.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    In RP terms the game is right, you're not in the prime, you're in the abyss, and being inside an infernal sphere you are influenced by it (Planescape: Torment can give you a lot of details about this).

Everything you do in the planes has a LOT heavier weight in your own being than what you do in the Prime (the material base plane of Faerum, aka the normal place).

Get influenced a lot in the abyss and even your appearance will change.

Still i understand people that get a bit annoyed with the change, the other good patches should compensate and give equilibrium to this matter. From my view, we have 5 tests, if the character pick at least 3 good patches, he shouldn't had to become evil.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    I think it was intended that you aren't able to resurrect the sacrificed companion; that's what makes it such a cruel act, valuing you personal power over the life of a companion.

That being said, I don't think it really matters what your alignment is unless you're a paladin (or maybe ranger?) If you only care for RP reasons, then may e you shouldn't be sacrificing your companions. :P
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Can you always resurrect them? I thought it had to do with difficulty (Normal and Easy disable perms-death), but then I recently sacrificed Korgan and was then able to resurrect him, but I thought maybe that was due to the mod feature i had installed which increased the threshold for chunking characters.
  • stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57

Can you always resurrect them? I thought it had to do with difficulty (Normal and Easy disable perms-death), but then I recently sacrificed Korgan and was then able to resurrect him, but I thought maybe that was due to the mod feature i had installed which increased the threshold for chunking characters.

I sacrificed Aerie once, and she was not resurrect-able. I was playing on core rules setting.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Hmmm. That's what I thought happened. I suspected it was the BG2Tweaks mod. Thanks :)