Skip to content

Scroll of Retribution question *spoiler*

I put Saemon's name (along with Sendai's) in the Scroll of Retribution after erasing my name and Dorn's. My assumption was that that would result in some Butt-Kicking for Goodness in their direction. During the Sendai fight, I did indeed have a Planetar of Justice show up and help (she basically took care of all the adds in the doorway). However, nothing seemed to ever happen to Saemon. Anybody know if I missed something?

Comments

• RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    I have still been looking out for something to happen to Saemon. Nothing so far after meeting up with him in Amkethran. If you put in Noober's name, however...... probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in the Baldur's Gate series. XD
  • I actually have a save game right at the point where you make the choice, just so I can go back and try different names. I'll give that one a shot for sure. :)
  • I've now seen the Noober event, but nothing for Saemon after two playthroughs. Anybody have some advice on how to see Saemon get his?
    @Cyteen Still looking... I just met him again in the part where he
    sneaks you into Balthazar's stronghold. Nothing happened after he left.

I wonder if we need to ask someone involved with game bugs (such as @Jalily ?) whether something was at least *supposed* to happen that has somehow never triggered. I mean for cryin out loud, if you've still got nothing after 2 playthroughs, then I think something's fishy! :-/
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    In the centre of Amkethran he can be seen lying dead with two commoners saying something about him being struck down. I encountered this after killing Balthazar, but I only walked over that spot on the map a few times, so it could happen sooner.

I wrote Abazigal's name on the scroll, but Abazigal proceeded to tear through the Planetar in about 3 seconds.
    Wait up! It seems that AFTER the encounter in said stronghold, once you leave, stuff finally goes down. @Cyteen Did nothing happen once you left the place? Try going back near the smugglers' cave. And you should probably make sure Dorn is in your party, because he makes a comment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Ahh, I'll give that a try.

@ryuken87 @Roanan that worked just fine...I guess I never really go into that part of Amkethran at that stage, cause I usually just make some last-minute purchases and then head to the pocket plane.

Thanks!
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    I've seen what happens with Saemon (and oh my god did it make me ever so happy), but where's the Noober event?
  • It happens outside Abazigal's lair (the outdoor area where you fight Draconis) after Abazigal is dead.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    thanks, sadly, it refuses to trigger for me... I'm gonna guess SCS is at fault, it introduces a few changes (as in dragons. four of them.) to that particular area. :C
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    @DinsdalePiranha Hmm. Since it happens after you're done with the whole enclave, I don't see why it wouldn't still work. Maybe it's because of that giant hedgehog that's always following you around...
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited December 2013
    Cyteen said:

It happens outside Abazigal's lair (the outdoor area where you fight Draconis) after Abazigal is dead.

I got it in the watcher's keep area, some time after i finished both enclaves though.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    What happens if you put Dorn's master in the scroll? Anyone has seen it?
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    MacHurto said:

What happens if you put Dorn's master in the scroll? Anyone has seen it?

I did.
    After a while, Dorn felt losing his power, which was apparently due to his master being destroyed. It seemed he was supposed to lose blackguard abilities then, yet in my case he still kept those. Possibly a bug.

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Wow, the perfect solution. Not only you get rid of those annoying demons, but he also keeps his powers :-) thanks for the info. Will put Saemon and noober and see what happens.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    What is the noober event?