Skip to content

Having trouble with Hexxat's quest

I get totally obliterated by those mind flayers, they just do psionic blast and then Devour brain ... I tried fireballing them, magic resistance, monster summoning 3,spider spawn etc, everything gets instakilled, I just don't get it. I'm trying Neera with Bless+improved inv+minor spell turning, nothing. This is getting super annoying.

Comments

• rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    Backstab/invisible potion... it's what I learned from this forum. I hard a lot of difficulty with this part myself, I did it by luck with plenty of critical it for my part. Try to place some trap on the ground and lure them into the trap maybe...

Or... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEC2AYaylis at 10minutes

Kart rule =P
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    You need the likes of Chaotic Commands to prevent the stun from their psionics, and while nothing in particular stops brain drain, PfMW will block their attacks outright.

Creatures summoned from Monster Summoning and the spiders likely have very low intelligence, they will die in one or two hits each, hasted Skeleton Warriors or Mordenkainen's Swords will function better. Spell Turning does nothing here (unless there's an Alhoon, I forget, but even then it's not a great spell) and Bless is pretty pointless. Mindflayers also have magic resistance so your spells might not always work.

This fight is optional too.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    I just managed to kill them with some cheese tactics, losing two members, will try to resurrect them. But since Harper's Call is friggin' broken, I'm gonna have to use some temp fix someone posted it seems.

My gooooddddd
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    If Harper's Call is broke then just use ctrl+R, don't suffer 'cos the game is broke.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    So I used the Harper's Call fix, I revive Minsc, then he says the dialogue he says at the end of his quest in the UnfBusiness mod I've installed (that he got Boo back) , then some Cowled Wizards came and thanked me, recognized that I had already permit to use magic, so gave me 1000 gold instead. Lol ok.

dafuq

Then I had to revive Hexxat because she didn't have time to get in her casket cause she was instakilled. So I revive her and she's stuck in gas form ... so I had to remove her from party, she came up asked CHARNAME if she should stay or not, I tell her to stay, so she instantly dies and then after a while gets revived in normal mode.

dafuq^2

I'm running into bugs within bugs. But it seems fixed now.