Skip to content

Rasaad's Monk Trials Questions (spoilers, obviously)

Question!

How in the world does one get through the two-faced monk trials? (I know they are not called two-faced monks. You know what I mean!)

I failed the Shadow one because I refused to tell 'the truth' a secret, and after killing all of the shadows, was consoled 'oh, plenty of people try lying'. I can't seem to get back in to retake it or progress.

With the confessor, I'm told to go find a secret in pennance, but can't get back in - the monk tells me my penance should take more time. I've waited plenty of time, and even rested a dozen times or so. Ideas?

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    I told the shadow the secret was I was going to kill him. He took it and I passed.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    I think I told mine that I stole something and blamed it on Imoen. Or I ate Imoen's chocolate. Something like that.

you don't need to find a secret. you're good for now.
  • KahranKahran Member Posts: 4

you don't need to find a secret. you're good for now.

Sorry but can you back this up with an explanation? Considering after failing the secret part same as the OP, absolutely nothing has happened and the quest hasn't progressed in the slightest, I'm going to have to disagree and believe that the quest is stuck.

Every indication points to the game thinking i'm still in the middle of trying to do my trials, and I've found nobody to talk to to get it forward, so I just left the whole area and proceeded with the game.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Hmm, I think when I did that part, I lied and told him something about the lady guarding the door accepting a bribe? I think what he says after makes it sound like there's something more to do but I just managed to move onto the next trial room.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    There are different rooms for the different trials.
    You know this right people having problems?
  • tithintithin Member Posts: 31
    I'm having the same issue where I can't progress the quest. Passed all of them but the shadow one because I refused to give him "the truth" and then murdered a bunch of shadows.

How do I progress this, or is there a CLUA command I can use to re-spawn the truth and do the talk again?