Skip to content

Multiplayer Crashing

gildedgilded Member Posts: 4
My friend an I are playing 2 player co-op, both of us with the characters we finished BG:EE with.

So far we've experienced two problems though.

1. The game stalls during the transition between the chapter text scroll and the opening cutscene for a new chapter, and it sits there indefinitely til he leaves the game, then it continues just fine with me alone and he can rejoin. This is annoying, but we can work around it.
But as a note, it happens EVERY time we start a new chapter.

2. I'm the host and after 5~15 minutes, maybe thirty if we're lucky, the game just closes. No error message. No error noise. No nothing. Just boop gone. Game closed.
I don't seem to have any issues when I play single player, and other than this the game has been running fine for us. And we got all the way through BG:EE together just fine. But it's exceedingly frustrating to lose a couple minutes of progress every 15 minutes or so. and you can only be so anal about quicksaving =P.

Is there anything I can do? The lack of any indication for why the program is closing has left me at a loss.

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    are you 2 playing beamdog or IP? try the other for a bit whatever you are doing. my group is doing hamachi ip for BG1 atm because beamdog didn't work right for us, but smaller games work better on beamdog. still worth a shot at the other connect type though.