Skip to content

Rasaad's quest - was that it? *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

So, I followed Rasaad's story line and ended up at a fight at the Twofold Temple. Alorgoth escaped (there was obviously no way to get him), Rasaad stayed with me. It sort of looks like that was the whole deal, as far as Rasaad's personal quest was concerned. Or was it? Can anyone tell? I expect there to be more in ToB, but is there more in SoA? A simple yes or no will do, I don't want to be spoiled with content.

I would like to congratulate the person(s) who wrote this story line. It was really quite good, and I especially liked the portrayal of Rasaad's spiritual turmoil. He appears to be quite troubled still, although he stayed with me. There was a clear possibility of leaving him at the temple, but I wanted him to stay with me. This choice was also a good one, because it's obviously quite big in terms of what happens to him.

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited December 2013
    It's the end for SOA.
    It will continue in TOB
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Thank you very much!
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    If Rasaad leaves you to stay with the temple after this, can you get him back? I have been playing with an empty slot in my party waiting for a chance to bring him back.
    Now that I am looking on here, I don't see any easy way. Any work arounds people are aware of? I am too far past the temple at this point to go back but I dragged Rasaad through BG1 so I do want to see the storyline through. Is there a cheat to add him to the party or something? Thanks!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 903

I would like to congratulate the person(s) who wrote this story line. It was really quite good, and I especially liked the portrayal of Rasaad's spiritual turmoil. He appears to be quite troubled still, although he stayed with me. There was a clear possibility of leaving him at the temple, but I wanted him to stay with me. This choice was also a good one, because it's obviously quite big in terms of what happens to him.

I agree. I really enjoyed Rasaad's quest in SoA, and look forward to its conclusion in ToB!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @AHF He's only gone for SoA. You can get him back in ToB and see the rest of his storyline.
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    Did I miss something? After the fight outside the temple (Rasaad was killed) there was a brief bit of dialogue where the arms master character was happy abot the victory and that was it, even after I resurrected Rasaad. Was there meant to be more or does that not happen if Rasaad's temporarily dead at the end of the fight?
    edited December 2013
    Jalily said:

@AHF He's only gone for SoA. You can get him back in ToB and see the rest of his storyline.

Thanks, Jalily. It is a bit frustrating not having him for the best development phase of the monk character. He will jump from 'just catching up to the rest of the group' to 'wow' by the time I get him back in ToB. I guess I will just have to watch the dialogue closely next time I use him. :(

• RigowenRigowen Member Posts: 10
    I have been trying to finish the blinding sun challenge as a level 12 mage and just cannot pull it off. I am assuming this is something I can come back to later in SoA to give it another try with better spells and gear?
  • RigowenRigowen Member Posts: 10
    Decided to do the planar sphere and picked up tenser's transformation and a staff of fire +2 that can summon fire elementals. Those and I have a few better summon spells now that might be just enough to pull this off.
  • 0hope0hope Member Posts: 3
    Tbh only thing that you need is robe of vecna to get almost instant cast on most spell and then its easy to pop few pots to get decent armor class/strength and just mix those with mirror image/blur/stone skin/haste and hack away, even if some of defensive buffs fall you can rebuff them so quite possible to finish it even with lower level
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    I loaded over and over to prevent the one option I had Rasaad in my party. I did the quest at lvl 11 and I didn't want to level another character.
    I agree that Rasaad should take charge of the temple but should join you back in 1 or 2 days.