Skip to content

What is your ideal BP2 Party?

What classes do you use? Also, weapon proficiencies, strategies or tactics perhaps?

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2013
    Self deleted as being off topic and stupid.
    Properly reading title & OP is highly recommended.
    Post edited by abacus on
    Sorry... Just realised you were asking about Black Pits... *facedesk*... I'll let myself out...
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    abacus said:

I've usually played Good parties as either an Undead Hunter (Carthius hates vampires and level drain!) or a spell caster (Enoch the Sorcerer loves fire), and I've tended towards the canon party; Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Imoen(Yoshi) and then a rotating 6th member while I complete each of their quests.

However, I'm increasingly impressed by how powerful the Evil party looks; Korgan, Dorn, Viconia, Hexxat, Edwin... It's insane... Two melee monsters, two secondary fighters, Wis18 Cleric, Int18 Conjurer (with extra spells), Dex20 Thief... Secondary divine spells from Dorn... Only real deficiency is a back up arcane caster. I think when I get round to it, I'll be rolling a Blade... Plug a few gaps in Edwin's arsenal and swing a couple of katanas or scimitars.

Pity none of that is even remotely relevant to the topic.

I tend towards groups comprised of character concepts I've yet to try out, sometimes I use a theme (Druidic, Wizards of Thay, etc) and then build a group based on whatever that theme is, almost always fun, almost always viable...

Though the Bardic group was...interesting..
    For BP, I usually just use it to experiment with different classes/ kits/ combos... Can't take it seriously as a story.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Since I'm assuming you're asking for minmaxing gaming, my shameless powerhouse run was:

Kensai>Mage
    Inquisitor
    Ranger/Cleric
    Archer
    Sorceress
    Sorceress

Dont remember profencies, but they weren't optimal since I didn't know you could get all that good stuff by asking for items, I just ran the ones you could buy. Tactics... well... Open up with mass summons, focus fire casters while dispelling them with Inquis, fry everything with mass chain contingency ADHW and Energy Blades, snipe enemies with Time Stop+Improved Haste. Just the usual cookie-cutter stuff.
  • RodiRodi Member Posts: 5
    I'm still working it out, but it looks like:

Front row:
    Fighter/Cleric - dual wield flail of ages and crom faeyr. Melee dps and self buff/healing.
    Fighter/Druid: Tank, sword and board, defender scimitar/shield, Tank, healing.
    Kensai/Thief - 2H, ravanager and holy avenger - Holy fucking melee dps 2Hander backstabs

Back row:
    Ranger/Cleric - Slings/Mace and board - heals, offensive druid spells, strong ranged damage.
    Archer/Mage - Shortbowing it up because all the best magic bows are SB. also main caster. Squishy.
    Blackguard/Mage - more ranged dps, still squishy. Also works with the archer/mage to bring down enemy mage protections quickly. Elven chain type candidate. Likely crossbows for flavor.

Still tweaking, but that's my dream team. The last character could also be a regular old fighter/mage or classic kensai/mage, but that's just sooooo common :D
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'm playing it this weekend. My question is, do you need a thief in this one?
  • queenofamsterdamqueenofamsterdam Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2013
    In BP2 no.

But in the original games, a thief is necessary for potentially disarming every trap and opening every lock unless you have a mage with the Knock spell but you can beat the game without a thief. Traps could just take a toll on your party.
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Ideal BP/BP2 party, and what I'll do next time I play them again:

Human Inquisitor
    Human Swashbuckler 10 -> Fighter
    H-Orc Fighter/Cleric
    Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
    H-Elf Avenger
    Elven Sorcerer

Why? First of all, I like a setup where 4 of my guys can Greater Whirlwind, and the other two stand around and do nothing cast spells.
    Since I have free reign and am not limited by NPCs, I want my two backliners to be my single-class* arcane and divine casters; I also want a secondary user of each type of magic.
    Sorcerer is chosen for raw power and not needing to scribe scrolls.
    A Druid is chosen because to me they make more sense in the backline than Clerics do. The Avenger kit is chosen because it adds the most versatility for a backliner, and its penalties firmly plant it there.
    Gnome F/I for the extra spell per level compared to an elven Fighter/Mage
    Half-Orc F/C for the racial bonuses and for gaining levels faster than an R/C or F/D would. Also to have access to Cleric-only spells, since the Avenger doesn't get them.
    Swashbuckler dualled to Fighter at 10 because even in BP it's nice to have thief skills somewhere, and because the bonuses should make for a pretty sweet fighter, and because I don't care about backstab.
    Inquisitor because the free Dispels and True Sights are amazing and overpowered.

So that's my ideal party, and why.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315

I'm playing it this weekend. My question is, do you need a thief in this one?

*Pops out of the shadows* and steals 160 arrows and 20 heal pots..*Steps into the shadows*

• MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Just make sure to bring an Inquisitor. The rest is all flavor really. Personally I really like Berserker -> Mage and Berserker -> Cleric for their ability to shrug off the most annoying spell effects in the game.

Oh yes, and consider bringing a Cleric/Ranger, Fighter/Druid, Fighter -> Druid or similar for insect based spells. That interruption is incredible.