Skip to content

Multiclassing in multiplayer

djarfurdjarfur Member Posts: 3
Just started a 3man game. The thing is we all wanted to multiclass/dualclass our characters but were unable to do so. I have some questions regarding the issue.

Are there any multiclassing restrictions that i'm not aware of besides being human ?
I created elven thief (swashbuckler) and wanted to multiclass into fighter a little later on, how is that not possible? and where would I choose multiclass if that's possible?
My friend has human totemic druid that wants to dual-class into fighter later on, the dual-class option is greyed out, why?

My guess would be our stats have to be higher for these options, or that I should choose the fighter class prior to the thief class.
Can anyone please answer any of the following questions?

Thank you.

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited December 2013
    You can't multiclass "later" - you just can take a multiclass at character creation.

As for the druid dual, I guess it's because of his stats.. can you post them? If I'm not mistaken it should be at least 17 in STR and 15 in WIS and CHA.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited December 2013
    This 'ain't third edition kid...

Non human races have to choose their class (including multiclass combos) at character creation. Once chosen they can never change - ever.

Humans can dual class if their stats support it. First off they must reach at least level 2 in their first class. Then they must meet the minimum stat requirements.

First class. Must have 15+ in all of their primary stats for this class
    Second class. Must have 17+ in all of their primary stats for this class.

In the case of a druid dual classing into a fighter. The Druid must have at least 15 in both Charisma and Wisdom as these are the prime requisite stats of a druid. The druid must also have 17+ in Strength as this is the prime requisite stat for a fighter.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Actually you require 17 in the prime stars of the class you're dualling into, and 15 in the base class main stat.

So a fighter->druid dual needs a fairly brutal 15 str, 17 wis and 17 cha. Getting that and okay dex and con is tricky.

For dualling, fighters gain an additional 1/2 attack per round at levels 7 and 13, so these and level 9 when you get best HP gain are good points to change.