Skip to content

How do I correctly/successfully use Jaheira's revival spell? (BG2:EE)

FlyingWizardFlyingWizard Member Posts: 20
edited December 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Once I discovered the allocation system for spells, I found that Jaheira had a special revival spell in her 5th level priest spell tree. Now, before I found it, I did read up that apparently I can't revive party members who have been reduced to -10 HP or worse, or if they are killed with spells like disintegrate, so while some of my attempted revivals may have been on characters who died at -10 HP or worse, I'm sure some of my attempts have been on party members who didn't die under said circumstance (or have I? I think I have...). However, regardless of what I do, the revival spell never seems to work at all, under any circumstances. Note that I think I've only used it immediately after someone died (as opposed to removing a different spell, replacing it with the revival spell, then resting to restore my spell casts and using it).

I've tried casting the spell by clicking the spell and then clicking on the dead character's portrait, I've tried it by clicking the spell and then clicking on where they died, but nothing seems to work. Every time I use the spell, she chants, casts it, loses some life (normal for the spell, as it says it hurts her some in the spell info), but then the character doesn't get revived. In fact, they always go from 0/X hp to some value like -15/X hp or -17/X hp or -14/X hp or some other random negative value. What am I doing wrong? (or in fact, am I doing it right and am suffering the effects of a bug?:\ )
P.S. I've never tried reviving at a temple yet--I've always reloaded once someone dies, after I've (inevitably unsuccessfully, sadly) tried to revive them.

Comments

• solthanesolthane Member Posts: 1
    You're not doing anything wrong. It's a known bug.
  • FlyingWizardFlyingWizard Member Posts: 20
    Okay, thanks for the heads up. I was worried I was missing something important/obvious. xD
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2013

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I was worried I was missing something important/obvious. xD

In this discussion you can find information on the bug and even an unofficial fix.
  • FlyingWizardFlyingWizard Member Posts: 20
    Much appreciated! I hadn't yet checked the bugs section both because I had insufficient evidence that it could be a bug and because I wanted to avoid possible spoilers. :o
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    You will know if someone is un-revivable because their portrait will be gone. As long as you still have a (gray) portrait, they are a revivable corpse.

The only exception are petrified, whose portrait will disappear but they can still be revived by Stone to Flesh by clicking on their statue.

The -10 hp has to happen in one hit. They have to go from alive to less than -10. That much damage will obliterate their body, it's essentially such a massive blow that nothing is left to resurrect. The visual in-game is the body exploding into chunks and portrait disappearing.