Skip to content

Party dropping dead for no reason

Hello,

I've gotten pretty far into the game but suddenly my party is just dropping dead, outside of combat, for seemingly no reason. I am in chapter 7 I believe and I'm in the process of going through the maze to reach the Undercity. I tried resting up at an Inn before tackling this but my party (or perhaps just my main character?) kept dying every time I tried to do this, forcing me to load a saved game. So I gave up on the idea of resting at an Inn and went straight into the maze. Problem is my party has taken somewhat of a beating after going through most of the maze so I've turned them around to go back out into the city to get some more supplies and try resting again. Unfortunately the same thing is happening - any attempt to rest is met with my party dropping dead and being presented with the "load saved game" dialogue.

My characters aren't poisoned, diseased, or anything else so I don't know what is going on here. I really do not want to go back and do so much over, especially since I have no idea whether the same thing will happen again. Am I missing something? Anybody know what's going on here? Thanks.

-PN

Comments

• NaveenNaveen Member Posts: 81
    Did you speak (10 or so days ago) with two guys called Marek and Lothander at NE Baldur's Gate? Did they say somethig about stop investigating the Iron Throne but you told them to get lost? Try going to the market in central Baldur's gate, the Lothander dude should aproach you (I think).

If that's not what is happening to you, I have no idea what could be.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, this happened to me in my second run, it was with the same character, and I was damn too boobish. Aah, the Sword Coast, I didn't hit the XP despite of playing the game two times with the same character, and his stats were SO bad >.< he was a Mage\Thief, but I used him in melee.
    STR9 DEX15 CON12 INT17 WIS12 CHA15 he was a shit. My real PC after him hit the XP cap still on chapter 4, had 10/19/10/18/114/14 plus the tomes.
    WUTS! I said that I was to boobish, hell, what in Baator?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @CrevsDaak Are you drunk?

@Tacohead, as previous people have mentioned it sounds like the 'Marek Poison Quest' hasn't been completed. If you are resting up ant an inn and then dying then I would hope you may have enough time to do the quest line (it's pretty short with no difficult fights).
    @decado drunk and FLYING! Thats why they locked me in Spellhold :P
    Also, I have bery vig voobs indeed.
  • TacoheadTacohead Member Posts: 8
    Marek's Poison Quest was it. And I had enough time to complete it. Thanks all!