Skip to content

Final save and game import

Note that depending on the intention behind it all this thread might be better suited for Bugs or Feature Request sections.

So, I've gotten through SoA today. I want to wait with ToB until I have Ascension, but in the meantime... I noticed something weird about Final Save.

So, I suppose the reasoning for that to be done automatically is so that every player has a save he can use for importing to ToB. But there is a slight problem... That save happened (at least to me) before closing any eyes in Hell. I checked in Keeper, and I do not have any of the upgrades the eyes give. And I'd like those upgrades for ToB, some of them are really nice!

So, is that intended behaviour? Do I correctly understand the intent behind that save file? And if it's not meant for importing, just to easily get to the final fight, how do I create the correct savegame? Try my reflexes at saving after closing the last eye but before the doors open? Or maybe importing behaviour also takes that into account and adds my missing bonuses?