Skip to content

What is Wrong with Imoen?

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
More precisely her Boots of Speed. She has them equipped, but it's not helping her move any faster. The only clues I got are:
1) She cannot remove her boots.
2) She ran into a trap a while ago, just before I noticed her boots weren't working.

So... Did her boots become cursed somehow and no longer function? I tried going to a temple, but could not Remove Curse.

Or is it just a bug? Anyone else come across this before?

Thanks!

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Uh? Did you picked them from a Mind Flyer? Are you laying EE or vanilla? If you are playing vanilla, I think they ae from some hasted enemy, who shouldn't drop them, anyway he drops them, just use Shadowkeeper, vanilla is full of missing flags on ToB, if you have NI, you can fix them once you've saw them (that's what I do, mainly in Planescape Holybugs, Ur, sorry in Planescape Torment (today I had to cheat for two different items, because the game is amazing, and amazingly full of bugs).
    It is ToB from vanilla or SoA, point out a little more @Heindrich1988, I can't say anything until then :/ (mainly because I am not sure).
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @CrevsDaak
    It's from BG 2 Vanilla, ToB... although actually Imoen died and lost her equipment in between SoA and ToB, so I think I Shadowkeeper'd in her boots anyway. Did I make a mistake with that?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Heindrich1988
    Uh, yes, those are a pair of irremovable boots that give other bonuses that are not listed, and not the movement bonus, I thought a enemy dropped them since some enemies use those (example: Mind Flyers, I know you won't like to be spoilered, so I won't tell where (not in SoA) nor when), remove those and equip the ones with the BOOT01 item, not the one you've used (check again, Skeeper should tell the item code, somewhere), those are the ones that should work.
    And a little tip: Most of the items that you can use in the BG saga are named like CHAN01, CHAN02, CHAN03 (Chain and splint mails), PLAT01, PLAT02 (Plate armor), SW1H01, SW1H02 (one handed swords in general) SW2H01, SW2H02 (two handed swords), and then they are all like that, so you should check for the item codes to be some sort of the liking, those items that you can't get or are "ultra special" have very strange/different names, ABAZRING is a ring that gives awesome immunities, but it is made for enemies, you can't get it and it is undroppeable.

Don't feel bad, I also equipped THOSE PAWS OF THE CHEETAH on Haer'Dalis (a very strange bug made some of his stuff duplicate and some disappear, when a Rhashaka killed him in a very Spoilery place in SoA), and I didn't knew what happened, so I removed and equipped ALL his stuff again, well, and then I realized :P