Skip to content

Favorite Skins!

Personally my favorite is Drizzt but whats yours?

Comments

• Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Favorite skin? Human flessshhh, mortal...

Oh, that's not what the question was.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited December 2013
    Like the character model? Are we talking base only (e.g. 'Female human thief') or can we be more specific (e.g. 'Male human wizard in archmagi robes carrying a large shield')?

I'm actually a big fan of the Umber Hulk model, though. Not sure exactly why, but there it is.
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I like the Shadow Thief model, the one Renal uses.

I think the Solar/Planetar/Deva models look awesome but their animations are a bit lacklustre
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I really like Liches and Dragons.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Drow Fighter is my go-to custom skin, especially for fighter/caster combos (which I for some reason end up playing quite a bit...)

Also absolutely love the original human male tief skin.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Elminster's :D
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Would anyone believe me if I said "ankheg"...?
    Well, the ankhegs do look pretty boss.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    black elf thief in shadow armor, dual wielding swords
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Monk... Nothing says a powerful spellcaster than having one big robe on, and blasting spells!

Oh, and all BG1 models, I hated the "new improved" BG2 models. I actually offered 100 dollars once for anyone who could make a stable patch which could change it all back! (Dual wielding would still use BG2 models though)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I still love the fat man/bartender/innkeeper skin.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Female elf in shadow armor & female elf in any robe with tights.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The Slayer looks interesting and badass to me.
  • BackstabBackstab Member Posts: 12
    Noblewoman. She has such a pretty dress. No animations though, such a pity. One day someone will see the splendour of the Noblewoman and decide "Yes. This is the model I will release a full animation set for." and it will be good. Through the streets we'll dance and prance and vanquish our enemies all while wearing the latest of fashions. (All conveniently the same garment.)

Honourable mentions: Dryad\Sirine, Thief Female Human, Shadow Thief and Bodhi. The first is simply wonderfully detailed, from curves to clothes. A bit risqué but that's the nature of the game. Thief Female Human is my favourite of the player options (Fighter Male Human wearing plate-armour runner-up), I feel it's far easier to see as a humanoid, whereas elves and short folk seem a bit, I don't know, indistinguishable? At any rate it's harder to identify them at a glance, then again I suppose having roughly E-cup breasts jutting out of ones chest is hard to miss. I don't know, I've always been a fan of the sexualized character designs of the 80s\90s. With the thief it makes her stand out, whereas with the fighter it makes her ridiculous (Open back platemail? Really? You wear OPEN BACK platemail? Hey, whatever lady, I'm not your mum.) Bodhi sort of falls into the same category, as she's essentially wearing fetish gear, but I just find her an overall good-looking character. Not too keen on the hunched pose, does vampirism come with mandatory hunchback? And I'd rather see her wearing something more elaborate but overall a nice character. (Irenicus needs to see a tailor that doesn't specialize theatre plays.) Finally, Shadow Thief, because it's simply designed to be "cool". Black armour, a battle-ready stance, crouched idle, and carrying your blade backwards with a total disregard for safety or combat-effectiveness. Very nice.

Candidates: Werewolves, liches, djinnis with legs (primarily sex appeal), mind flayers, drows, and cats.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Backstab said:

Thief Female Human is my favourite of the player options (Fighter Male Human wearing plate-armour runner-up), I feel it's far easier to see as a humanoid, whereas elves and short folk seem a bit, I don't know, indistinguishable?

Really? The colouring of the female human thief model always drives me up the wall.
    For some reason, she seems to be wearing shorts the same colour as her armour over her leggings, and it just looks terrible. Seems more like a colouring mistake than a deliberate decision (like her armour colour is bleeding over to the leggings somehow?), and if it's deliberate it's just an awful fashion choice :P. I can't stand it so I always try to match her clothing colour as closely to her armour as possible.

For contrast, the elven thief doesn't have those shorts:
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Erinne said:

Backstab said:

Thief Female Human is my favourite of the player options (Fighter Male Human wearing plate-armour runner-up), I feel it's far easier to see as a humanoid, whereas elves and short folk seem a bit, I don't know, indistinguishable?

Really? The colouring of the female human thief model always drives me up the wall.
    For some reason, she seems to be wearing shorts the same colour as her armour over her leggings, and it just looks terrible. Seems more like a colouring mistake than a deliberate decision (like her armour colour is bleeding over to the leggings somehow?), and if it's deliberate it's just an awful fashion choice :P. I can't stand it so I always try to match her clothing colour as closely to her armour as possible.

For contrast, the elven thief doesn't have those shorts:
    I couldn't agree more!!!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited December 2013
    I like humanoid female thieves, but the male thieves just look kinda dumb. I also really like the elf Mage without robes or the resistance robes. A runner up is the female elf cleric. I really didn't like the bg2 redoes, especially the shields, and the. elves. All look old and shriveled up.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Wow, the elven thief has quite the... boobage.
    I actually prefer the human to the elf one, despite the leather shorts. I like the extra bulk of it and the higher neckline.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    i like the drow model it real looks like a dark elf warrior which is awesome
  • BackstabBackstab Member Posts: 12
    @Erinne
    Huh, noticed that just now. I think a life of ShadowKeeper and mage\thieves has spared me the horrors of the leather hotpants. Still, I don't pay too much attention to the paperdoll. I suppose it varies on what you use as supplementing colours. Fair enough. Of paperdolls Male Thief Elf is best anyway. I suppose you could weave it into the appearance. Shadow Scale armour would give you black hot pants; perhaps the most commonly accepted of leather undergarments.

@nano
    @Eudaemonium
    Interestingly enough, the cloth covering over the chest of the thieves varies from clothing to clothing. I think the elf has a permanent cleavage, but I know for a fact that the human changes. Think it was between robes, if not it's with chainmails. Trivia.