Skip to content

#6502 [CORE] - Mazzy Unresponsive after Turned to Stone WAS (Spoilers) Two beholder lair bugs

RannRann Member Posts: 168
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
(1) On entering the beholder lair in the underdark, Mazzy gets turned to stone by the Elder Orb. After the battle, I return to flesh via scroll, but cannot speak to her so that she cannot rejoin the party. (Right-clicking on her will produce a vocal response, but nothing else.) Save attached.

(2) As soon as I pick up the eye from the Elder Orb, I get a journal entry about the Matron Mother needing the eye. But I haven't met the Matron mother yet -- I went straight the beholder caverns first! Save attached.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• RannRann Member Posts: 168
    (To be clear, I haven't even *met* the drow yet, nor Adalon, and the journal entry also refers to Adalon's eggs. Definitely would be very confusing to new players.)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Jalily: Is there a string ref in the game for the case where the player gets the eye from the Elder Orb but has not yet talked with the dark elves? Trying to figure out if there's some code issue here (i.e. we're not displaying the right string because we're not looking at the globals right) or if there simply was never a condition developed whereby the player gets to the Elder Orb without having talked with the Dark Elves (and thus no string in the game different from what @Rann is noting)?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No entries should be added if the player hasn't received the quest yet; the script block needs another condition. This issue is already logged as #6617; for the first one, look at #6502.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Thanks @Jalily! :)

Since 6617 already has a thread for it, I'll mark this one for 6502.

@Rann: If you'd like to discuss your first issue and / or follow the discussion on it, please hit the following thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25901/6617-core-spoilers-from-quest-log-and-in-this-post-so-yeah
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Groovy, thanks folks!