Skip to content

Unknown: xxxx in dialog for all mods

stormsaberstormsaber Member Posts: 15
Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my BG2 install. I'm half way thru a game. I installed a bunch of mods following carefully the install order in the stickied thread in this forum. I played for a bit and ascertained that all of the mods seemed to work well together with no problems.

I then installed Sword Coast Stratagems. It took over 2 hours to install and kept asking me multiple times about some options so in the end I quit it, and told it not to install anything else. I also uninstalled a component of BG2 Tweaks (Modify Romance Cheat) at this point as I hadn't meant to install it in the first place.

BG2 would not start - it kept crashing to the desktop on startup.

I uninstalled SSC but it still kept crashing.

So I restored my original unmodded Resources file and set about installing the mods I had installed before, up to (but not including) SSC.

Now the game runs, but as far as I can tell, all mods that add dialog result in "Unknown: xxx" (a number) instead of their strings. Even when I jump back to early saves just after the game started, this happens.

Any help would be appreciated..!!!

Comments

• ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    When you install mods what WeiDu does as near as I can ascertain is that it puts in references in the game that says "look here for content for mod X" which is why I think there is an install order because when you mess with that the "place" the mod content is is no longer same so the reference isnt pointing to the correct place and thus wont "see" the content properly.

The only real solution to this I know is a clean install.
  • stormsaberstormsaber Member Posts: 15
    Thanks I've tried a clean install + same mods, same order but it still says "Unknown: xxx" even on old (pre-mod / clean install) saves. I'd like to get the first modded Resources folder working (it crashes atm despite uninstalling what I think started causing the problem). Alternatively, is there a way to create a weidu installer script from, say, a Weidu.log, so that I can install precisely the same mods, with the same options, into a clean install, as I did to start with?