Skip to content

What is your favourite area of BG2 Soa?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
Feel free to describe specifically your favourite area. Obviously I'd prefer if athkatla wasn't bundled with every district, but it is the best I can do.
  1. What is your favourite area of BG2 Soa?58 votes
    1. Athkatla (all districts, the sewer, and planes you reach from here)
      36.21%
    2. Trademeet
        1.72%
    3. Brynnlaw/Spellhold
        3.45%
    4. de'Arnise Keep
      12.07%
    5. Watcher's Keep
        3.45%
    6. The Underdark (including Ust'Natha and various dungeons)
      27.59%
    7. Suldanessellar
        1.72%
    8. Hell
        3.45%
    9. Sahuagin City
        1.72%
    10. Other
        8.62%

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Athkatla for sure. It is an amazing hub city.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The Umar hills.

I love to play as a Ranger so I have a fondness for the area, it also helps that its part village and part wilderness. It has a few fun encounters and its nice that I get the option of fostering the birth of a new adventuring company with the gift of ale and bastard swords.
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Damn that is a hard question... Pretty much all areas are great.. how the hell to chose between them..

I think the answer will be the Underdark.. but its a damn hard choice :)
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    I loved Hell, with all the Tear hunting, Sarevok and the clash. It gave you a pretty epic feeling, although Hell in ToB was kinda dull, doh!
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I like Brynnlaw and Spellhold. In fact once you take the ship, it's just one interesting area after another until the end of the game...I didn't even know about the Sahuagin City until about my 5th playthrough.
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    The Shadow Temple!
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    This is a really, REALLY hard choice for me but I'd have to say the Sahuagin city. I love the imps, and the Behlolder they pestered for 50 years SOOOO MUCH! XD Best part of the game for me really... oh and the mad Sahuagin king was always a delight too. Pretty much that entire part was just so, so much fun before having to face the drab, bleak darkness of the underdark. A really fun place, but the colors were a little boring. Especially when you're a drow and stuck with drow colors, blech.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    de'Arnise Keep was one of the first places i went outside the city of bg2 (couldn't wait to get out of the city on my first play through) and i was amaze by how big it was, the depth, and of course, the flail of ages mini quest. It's still one of my favorite places, and i love the flail of ages and always wind up using it, even when there's better weapons to be had.

Plus, first time i came to boss as the end of that level, he stomped him hard, as did the uber hulks, and the trolls at first. I love hard games, like nintendo hard, where you're forced to learn or die. sadly, the game got easier from there until the underdeep, which is my 2nd favorite..... :)