Skip to content

Completed BGII:EE I am now evil

DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
So i wake up in TOB and i became Chaotic Evil :) How is this even possible? Did I do so bad in my playthrough that the game had to slam me with the evil-hammer?

Comments

• TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    When you're in Hell, just before Irenicus, you are faced with 5 challenges. Each of those have a good and evil option - if you choose the evil for a single one of these, your alignment turns to Evil for the rest of the game.

Every other decision you made is irrelevant. This is the only alignment-changing part of the game.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    First time I played BG2 I failed Pride, so don't feel bad about it.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Good thing Nalia is the only saint in my group then. Thank for the info next time I will keep this in mind.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    One of the reasons people don't care if they're evil or not is for the sake of black razor, on top of several stat buffs in that final part of the game. Evil players need it though, they get pretty much ignored for the better part of the game.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    So if an evil character does the good option for all of those challenges would they become good? Never played evil and haven't really thought of that until now.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    No. Evil stays evil no matter what, but Good and Neutral fall to Evil if they pick any of the evil options. Its one of the flaws with the Hell trials. There is a rather nice mod that mixes it up, but it is part of the Quest Pack and isn't 2EE compatible yet.

One change in 2EE, however, is that in the original 2 you would always become Neutral Evil, whereas now you will keep your Law/Chaos axis. So if you are Lawful Good you will become Lawful Evil now.