Skip to content

Bad mistake. I totally forgot that Aerie could...

... use shields!
I just... totally forgot, it slipped my mind.
Due to her low strength every single shield have been red, and my brain just assumed its cause she is a mage of sort. Today before going into Bodhi´s lair (chapter 2) i equipped her with the str gauntlets from planar just to see if it was worth it with thac0 and damage before AC.
And woppie, the dragon shield she is carrying becomes equipable, and i just go "ahhhhhhhhh..."

No big deal really, my Cavalier have been tanking like a beast and i think she only died once or so.
But its still kinda bad for a player that finished BG2 close to a tenfold to forget such a thing.
Been running entire chapter 2 and every single area except watchers keep without reacting.

You guys made any simular mistakes to share?

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Yeah forgot about helmet for her. Ofc i remember it in 5 min but still. She is a fantastic companion.
  • ShireShire Member Posts: 58

Yeah forgot about helmet for her. Ofc i remember it in 5 min but still. She is a fantastic companion.

Hehe yeah helmet i didnt forget! Having her use Vhailor for now.

• Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Aerie can use the Reflection Shield without a Strength item, which is pretty sweet.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I didn't realize she could put cleric spells in sequencers/contingencies until two weeks ago when I started posting on this site, haha

From now on I just plan on looking at Elminster's NPC guide for how to use characters I have not tried in the past.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

I didn't realize she could put cleric spells in sequencers/contingencies until two weeks ago when I started posting on this site, haha

From now on I just plan on looking at Elminster's NPC guide for how to use characters I have not tried in the past.

That's nothing. Time Stop + Righteous Magic or Harm/Slay Living. That's where the money's at.